BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. Our products enable the right level of privileges for just the time needed, creating a frictionless experience for users that enhances productivity.
With a heritage of innovation and a staunch commitment to customers, BeyondTrust solutions are easy to deploy, manage, and scale as businesses evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Security Engineer is responsible for performing complete security assessments and managing the required remediation of the BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access products (software and appliance).
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Research, guide, and assess security implications of chosen technologies or approaches in product design and implementation
- Responsible for threat analysis of each release of BeyondTrust products
- Research and implement security testing tools
- Keep track of vulnerabilities reported against software used by BeyondTrust. Assess and offer remediation strategies
- Monitor published CVEs which may affect the security of the BeyondTrust software
- Work well with high energy and detailed-oriented security engineers
Education / Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of software development or related experience
- 2+ years in delivering a secure product used by external customers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Secure software life-cycle development experience using C++, PHP, Python, .NET, or web frameworks on Linux, Windows, or Mac
- Experience with Application security, Web application security, Server hardening and network security
- Experience creating and maintaining automating security testing suites
- Nice To Haves
- Certifications in secure development life cycle OR security standards
- Experience with Burp Suite or similar security tools
- Binary fuzzing experience
- Experience in providing customer-facing guidance and information pertaining to security questions about products
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent written, and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values (https://www.beyondtrust.com/company/core-values)
- Must be self-reliant and able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Who you are?
- You give and take feedback openly and graciously for the good of the team
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You have a thirst for knowledge and improvement
- You are a team player, eager and open to sharing successes and failures
- You are a motivated learner that looks for opportunities to learn and grow
- You are flexible and can adapt to shifting situations and requirements
- You try to inspire the best in others, and always try to deliver the same
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions Bomgar for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market. The importance of the channel has never been greater.
BeyondTrust is committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace environment.