As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers. As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking environment, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution, and we have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
What is the role?
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage customer communication and expectations.
- Provide phone, email and chat Support to assigned accounts.
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of customer problems.
- Act as the customer liaison to Engineering, Sales, and Field Engineer teams.
- Transition product issues to Engineering and product enhancements to Product Management, tracking status to the customer regularly.
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the Technical Support Manager.
- Be a part of the on call rotation for the assigned product team.
What is required?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related technical field
- 5 years in enterprise software customer support and/or IT related support
- Proficient knowledge of Windows based server OS such as Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of the following:
- SQL Connectivity and Permissions
- Basic SQL Scripting
- Active Directory and GPO
- Network Topology/Layers
- Networking Tools and Utilities
- AV/Firewall Rules and Policies
- Secure “machine to machine” communications
- Windows Account Administration
- Security software
- Strong dedication to customer care
- Strong team interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with large teams
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs
- Ability to participate, contribute and interact with Pre Sales Technical Engineers, Product Management, Development, Technical Support and Sales teams
Who are you?
- You are flexible! You define “good attitude.”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- You have a great sense of humour.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter.