BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance. What Will You Do? BeyondTrust is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to work in our Asia/Pacific region. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage customer communication and expectations
- Provide phone, email and chat Support to assigned accounts
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of customer problems
- Transition product issues to Engineering and product enhancements to Product Management, tracking status to the customer regularly.
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the next tier of Support.
- Be part of the on call rotation for the assigned product team.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a related technical field
- Proficiency at the use of a system editor like Vi or Emacs (Vi preferred as this is the available editor by default)
- Proficiency at shell scripting, and familiarity with scripting languages like Perl, Python, TCL, Expect, and others
- Experience with C if not some proficiency with it
- Experience with Kernel system calls
- Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with general Unix/Linux administration especially regarding how a process can get started as a service, Name Services, and PAM
- Experience with Kerberos, SSL, LDAP, Active Directory, and web server configuration, trouble shooting, and interpretation of diagnostic messages
- Experience with system administration tasks related to application configuration, Unix/Linux security, Windows, File System types and ACLs, OS Capabilities, and SELinux
- Experience with how processes exchange data
- Experience with general SQL language and RDMBS concepts
- Understanding of strace, ltrace, pstack, and other instrumenting tools to monitor a process
- Understanding of Java tools like keytool to manage SSL certs in Java, curl and/or wget to be able to interact with a PBUL REST agent
- Strong dedication to customer care.
- Strong team interaction skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with large teams.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs.
- Ability to participate, contribute and interact with cross-functional teams.
Successful Support Engineers are:
- Flexible! With a great can do attitude.
- Enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- Great sense of humor.
- Can relate to customers and understand their challenges
- Insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement as well as the desire to grow in your role and in the company.
- Up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… work to stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- Unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- Graciously give and receive feedback.
- Motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter