BeyondTrust's global Technical Support Team are dedicated to solving technical challenges and delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction to drive customer success.
Due to continued investment in the business our fast growing team in APJ is looking for an Engineer who is passionate about technology and continual learning to act as a trusted advisor to customers who utilize our cyber security solutions. This role will give you an opportunity to build expertise in numerous cutting-edge technologies and to accelerate your career towards customer facing technical roles.
What will I be doing?
- Providing technical support to our customers while working with various internal teams to resolve issues
- Manage customer communication and expectations
- Provide expert communication via phone, email and chat
- Deliver high levels of technical support and collaboration to assigned customer accounts
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of customer problems
- Transition product issues to Engineering and product enhancements to Product Management, tracking status to the customer regularly.
- Contributing to building a best-in-class global technical support function.
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the next tier of Support.
- Be part of the on call rotation for the assigned product team.
What experience will make me successful?
- Ability to participate, contribute and interact with cross-functional teams.
- Strong dedication to customer care.
- Proficiency at the use of a system editor like Vi or Emacs (Vi preferred as this is the available editor by default)
- Proficiency at shell scripting, and familiarity with scripting languages like Perl, Python, TCL, Expect, and others
- Experience with C if not some proficiency with it
- Experience with Kernel system calls
- Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with general Unix/Linux administration especially regarding how a process can get started as a service, Name Services, and PAM
- Experience with Kerberos, SSL, LDAP, Active Directory, and web server configuration, trouble shooting, and interpretation of diagnostic messages
- Experience with system administration tasks related to application configuration, Unix/Linux security, Windows, File System types and ACLs, OS Capabilities, and SELinux
- Experience with how processes exchange data
- Experience with general SQL language and RDMBS concepts
- Understanding of strace, ltrace, pstack, and other instrumenting tools to monitor a process
- Understanding of Java tools like keytool to manage SSL certs in Java, curl and/or wget to be able to interact with a PBUL REST agent
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a related technical field
Why Join the BeyondTrust Team?
- Explosive growth in the PAM space recognized by Gartner and Forrester.
- Exciting culture and teamwork among your peers.
- Rock solid marketing team that will support customer messaging, territory events and leads.
- Foundation of existing accounts you can draw from to begin growing your territory.
- Our company DNA is created on us being People Centric, Agile, Empowered and Trustworthy.
- We wholeheartedly believe in work/life balance.
We are offering a competitive salary, tangible career progression opportunities and an annual benefits allowance for the right person.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing privilege-related breaches. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 global customers.
It’s an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.