As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
The Lead of UX Design Operations is responsible for managing the company UX/UI design system to ensure a consistent, effective and competitive user experience for all BeyondTrust products. The Lead DevOps designer will have a passion for user interfaces and design excellence, as well as manage the health, growth and development of their team. They will be expected to champion UX operations to ensure the team runs smoothly and has support and resources to deliver their goals as well as supporting company goals.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead a team of Designers focused on BeyondTrust’s anatomy, interaction models, accessibility and company wide design System.
- Co-ordinate designers and prioritise project work to align to business goals and priorities.
- Ensure the UX design team have the operational resources and support to fulfil everyday tasks, and investigate tools to improve operations and drive efficiency and quality across the UX department.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the portfolio product’s UI.
- Refine the visual language of our products.
- Encourage cross company adoption of the design system and utilise research evidence to support design decisions.
- Work with cross-functional business and technical teams and key stakeholders to define highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Work with UX Researchers to make major UI re-factorings and style conventions for more intuitive user experience when necessary.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, SEs, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Support the QA testing efforts to ensure the user experience requirements are fulfilled.
- Actively promote and educate the importance of UX and the Design System across the business by hosting presentations and running group workshops.
- 6 or more years of user experience design experience for desktop software, responsive web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies.
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading teams.
- Ability to mentor UX/UI Designers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work.
- Comfort in working with distributed teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long-term vision and strategy.
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to balance UX design team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and provide input for product decisions.
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with developers and managers, and can champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
Nice to have skills:
- Mulitple OS Experience - Linux, Windows, Mac OS and Web experience.
- Multiple mobile platform experience - Android, iOS etc
- Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values.
What about the Perks?
- Remote-first role
- True flexibility with managers who trust you to work in the way most productive to you
- Encouraged to attend tech events and conferences
- Education reimbursement – you are encouraged to learn new skills/certs/courses and will be paid to do so
- Regular hackathons/lunch & learns/social events
- Wellbeing events such as yoga/meditation/home workouts
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family – One of the best products on the market offering 24/7 private GP, Mental Health support, Physiotherapy and more (including a heavily discounted Apple Watch)
- Life Insurance that covers 4x your salary.
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.