BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The User Experience Researcher is responsible for leading all research activities for key product areas and working with the UX, Product, and Development teams to ensure a consistent, effective, and competitive user experience is delivered to customers.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal teams including UX, Product, and Engineering
- Act as the user advocate during the design and development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Create research plans, user tests, and relevant documentation
- Interview customers, prospects, and stakeholders to understand their needs and contexts as well as gather their feedback on product direction
- Conduct card sorting and tree testing studies to identify and validate product organizational schemes
- Create surveys, facilitate survey data collection, and analyze survey data
- Plan and facilitate usability tests and organize results into actionable recommendations
- Support the QA to ensure user experience requirements are fulfilled
- Document and present research findings throughout the research and design process
- Work and build relationships with team members across the business
- Act as a UX “go to” for other teams by providing knowledge about research findings, best practices, and company design standards
- Assist the UX Research Director/Manager in roadmap creation, project planning, and prioritization
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in design, human factors, human computer interaction, or other related fields
- 2 to 5 years providing general UX leadership for complex enterprise products
- 1+ years specifically providing UX research leadership
- Experience with UX research tools such as Ethnio, Optimal Workshop, Validately, UserTesting, Morae, Silverback, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, Rev, or other similar tools (preferred)
- Experience working with design and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, InVision, Xd, UXPin, Axure, or other similar tools (preferred)
- UX certifications such as those from NN/g or HFI (preferred)
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to mentor UX Researchers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work
- Ability to balance UX Research team mentoring, hands-on UX Research work, and provide input for product decisions
- Comfort in working with distributed teams
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with designers, engineers and managers, and can champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides ourselves on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment which embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.