As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
We’re looking for a Front-end developer to work closely with our UX and Engineering teams to ensure consistent, effective and competitive implementation of designs produced by the User Experience Designers for all BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management products (SaaS and On-Prem)
What Will I be Doing?
- Work closely with the User Experience team and key stakeholders to implement highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Build new products and update existing products using Angular / HTML / CSS
- Help update an AngularJS product to the latest Angular.
- Work on UI improvements in support of the Endpoint Privilege Management Team
- Collaborate with other developers to ensure continuity, group awareness, and ease of future development.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centred point of view.
- Work with the UX team during the usability testing processes. Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Use Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines to build and deploy our products.
- Work in an agile environment which we all seek to continually improve.
What Skills Should I have?
- 3 or more years of front-end, user-centred development experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Angular.
- Up to date knowledge of CSS.
- Ability to follow the company Design System, design comps and UX team direction.
- Experience with user interface
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within an agile software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
- Knowledge of User Experience best practices.
- Ability to work with UX teams, product owners and product managers
Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge of AngularJS
- Experience of Rapid prototyping.
- Experience of creating wireframes to understand user flows and identifying edge cases.
- Backend language skills such as Java or .NET
- Basic SQL knowledge
What about the Perks?
In light of Covid we're recommending everyone stay safe and work from home at the moment but we wanted to share some insight into our Manchester office which makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard.
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Flight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.