As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
The Senior UX designer will have an integral role within BeyondTrust, responsible for supporting the UX team to ensure consistent, effective and competitive user experiences whilst being a role model for other UX team members. The Senior UX designer will also be expected to collaborate with cross functional departments (i.e. Product Management, Marketing, etc) to help identify specific user needs and work with developers to deliver technically feasible, user focused solutions that align with business goals.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with clients directly to understand their business environment, processes and ‘jobs to be done’ and obtain their feedback and direction on product interfaces.
- Assist the User Experience Director in roadmap creation and project planning and prioritizing.
- Support the UX design practice by actively seeking process improvements, driving productive change and running exercises to encourage widespread UX adoption.
- Support the UX team by sharing experiences and skills, running team workshops and identifying exercises, events and courses to support team progression.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the portfolio product’s UI.
- Guide the UX design team in creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes to iterate on design direction.
- Guide the UX design team in refining the visual language of our products and building out our design system.
- Work with cross-functional business and technical teams and key stakeholders to define highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Work with the UX Researcher when necessary to make major UI re-factorings and validate style conventions and pattern flows in order to build a more intuitive user experience.
- Conduct research to push through design tasks when
- Design elegant solutions and simple to complex workflows leveraging client iterative validation.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, SEs, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Be a key player during the QA testing process to ensure the user experience requirements are fulfilled.
- Act as the UX “go to” in the local development office with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices, company design system standards, and supportive research to direct recommendations.
- 6 or more years of user experience design experience for desktop software, web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies.
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading teams.
- Ability to mentor UX Designers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work.
- Comfort in working with remote distributed teams.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long-term vision and strategy.
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to balance UX design team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and provide input for product decisions.
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with developers and managers, and can champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
What about the Perks?
In light of Covid we're recommending everyone stay safe and work from home at the moment but we wanted to share some insight into our Manchester office which makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard.
Here are a few more reasons:
- Flexible working
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Flight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers