Solutions Engineer / Sales Engineer
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. Our products enable the right level of privileges for just the time needed, creating a frictionless experience for users that enhances productivity.
With a heritage of innovation and a staunch commitment to customers, BeyondTrust solutions are easy to deploy, manage, and scale as businesses evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
What Will You Do?
We are seeking a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to support our Sales team within the region. In this role, you will:
- Promote sales to new and existing clients
- Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend the appropriate solution
- Deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Utilize sales/marketing software packages – use customer relationship management software, including Salesforce, to support sales
- Provide guidance to potential customers based on need and requirements
- Execute and win proof of concepts (POC)
- Assist Sales team in the design, planning, and scoping of Privileged Access Management and Secure Remote Access Solutions for prospective customers
- Provide consultative support for pre-sales, partners and customers on BeyondTrust Solutions
- Present at trade shows, seminars, and oversee internal demonstration resources
What is Required?
- 1-5 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer and/or support engineer preferred
- Experience working for global software vendors preferred
- Building, supporting and selling security solutions experience preferred
- Ability to highlight BeyondTrust product differentiators against our competitors in the Privileged Access Management and Secure Remote Access market
- Prior experience with incident response (malware, DDOS attacks, data breaches, etc)
- Prior experience with or the working knowledge of the following BeyondTrust products (Password Safe, Privilege Management for Windows/Mac (DefendPoint), Privilege Management for Unix/Linux (PowerBroker), Active Directory Bridge (PBIS), Remote Support, Privilege Remote Access (Bomgar) is a plus
- Prior experience presenting security products at trade shows, security conferences, webinars, and other marketing events a plus
- 3+ years of work experience supporting Microsoft Windows environments, including Active Directory, NTFS, Authentication/Tokens, registry keys, hardening, DNS, DHCP, Cluster, Load balancing, Microsoft Exchange, O365, etc
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems; installing, systems mgmt, sudo a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies including DevOps tools a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related field is preferred
- Certifications such as CISSP, MCSE, GWAPT, CCFE, CPT, CEH, and ITIL are a plus
Who are you?
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above