BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. Our products enable the right level of privileges for just the time needed, creating a frictionless experience for users that enhances productivity.
With a heritage of innovation and a staunch commitment to customers, BeyondTrust solutions are easy to deploy, manage, and scale as businesses evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Director of Global Indirect Tax is a highly analytical, process-driven leader responsible for all areas of indirect tax including global sales tax and property tax. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success leading a tax team in the software industry. Experience in high growth SaaS environments a plus. This is a leadership position reporting to the VP of Tax.
What you will do:
- Oversee all facets of the company Sales & Use Tax compliance, VAT, GST, Gross Receipts Tax, Commercial Activity Tax and Property Tax
- Monitor and action applicable legislative developments and law changes relevant to the Company's business operations
- Interpret and advise digital economy legislative and policy proposals
- Research and document VAT/GST/Sales tax and similar tax technical positions
- Identify and implement required process and compliance changes and improvements.
- Work collaboratively with other Corporate functions on various projects to determine possible sales taxability of new product during development and sales stages
- Oversee month-end procedures in respective areas such as reconciling indirect tax accounts
- Maintain, and implement when necessary, automated and scalable VAT/GST/Sales tax processes and systems
- Review intercompany and third-party contracts and make recommendations on tax clauses to agreements
- Coordinate with VP Tax and Director of Direct Tax with respect to indirect implications of transfer pricing, potential acquisitions, business expansions and restructurings
- Manage and consult with external tax advisors as needed with respect to the potential impact of changes to business operations and the impact of new tax legislation, tax court decisions and administrative rulings and identify impacts to existing VAT/GST/Sales tax and similar tax processes and systems arising from these changes.
- Manage and direct indirect tax aspects of audits
- Identify, document and record indirect tax exposure
- Work with senior leadership to document and refine company process and policies, report on adherence to established policies and make recommendations for changes
- Identify ownership gaps and process change opportunities by building and maintaining detailed flow maps and internal control documents
- Understand integration points with other key business process areas
- Perform special projects, as required
What is required?
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax or Accounting
- Tax professional with 10+ years progressive experience including public accounting or law firm experience and Industry experience in technology sector
- Technical knowledge of state and local sales & use tax laws, regulations, and policies (software industry knowledge required)
- Global VAT/GST experience
- Experience with managing and implementing automated business processes and controls
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex tax technical issues into simple concepts that business partners can understand and help operationalize
- Proficient with Tax Research, Vertex and Avalara
- A proven track record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organization.
- Leadership capacity to resolve complex problems within a cross-functional environment
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market. The importance of the channel has never been greater.
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides ourselves on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment which embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.