As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
You will be working in an Agile Development Team, with responsibility for assuring the quality of software prior to external release. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will proactively take a leadership role in delivery of QA activities for your team and to coach and mentor less experienced team members in order to improve their QA skills as well as product and domain knowledge.
- Collaborate with members of your Agile team to ensure software delivered by each sprint and each integration test meets both functional and non-functional requirements;
- Collaborate with members of your Agile team in the creation and execution of test charters, test scripts, recording outcome of tests, reporting defects and identifying opportunities for product improvement;
- In collaboration with the Agile team, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing;
- Execution of exploratory testing as required to meet the test plan;
- Creation and maintenance of suitable test environments for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and populating or configuring test data. This may extend to testing of interaction with devices e.g. printers, testing of interfaces and integration with other modules, products or interface test harnesses;
- Perform static testing and impact assessment on development documentation;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have enough acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived;
- Assist with the population and maintenance of automated testing under the direction of the test automation specialists;
- Root Cause Analysis of escalated issues;
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise;
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility;
- Take ownership of planning, tracking and reporting of test executions for defined product releases for one or more modules;
- Contribute to definition and continuous improvement of test related systems, processes and workflows across teams;
- Minimum of 4 years commercial software testing experience
- Technical testing skills and ability to test below the GUI of applications
Four or more from the following list:
- Over 2 years testing in an agile environment;
- Creating SQL queries to interrogate/update a database;
- Understanding and experience of XML and using XML tools;
- Experience of working with Development teams to test using test harnesses;
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI;
- The ability to step through developer demo’s on Developer PCs, and confident to step through Unit tests with developers;
- Experience in System Integration Testing.
What about the Perks?
In light of Covid we're recommending everyone stay safe and work from home at the moment but we wanted to share some insight into our Manchester office which makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard.
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Flight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.