As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team and take responsibility for for the availability, monitoring, maintenance, incident response and resolution of the BeyondTrust Cloud Service. We're looking for someone with a passion for technology and experience of delivering cloud solutions via AWS or Microsoft Azure.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the day to day availability, monitoring, maintenance, incident response and resolution of the BeyondTrust SaaS Cloud Service.
- Work closely with multiple teams and organizations to ensure the service’s health meets defined SLAs.
- Troubleshoot and perform the initial triage of failed processes and instances in large scale distributed systems
- Evaluate and implement effective solutions for systematically identified and defined problems, threats, and preventive maintenance items.
- Plan work, identify risks, and provide accurate time estimates of deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders including team leads, managers, and directors.
- Provide thorough documentation for all work using strong written skills.
- Follow and implement risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Actively contribute in an Agile team to ensure continuous improvement of processes, policies, automation, and self.
- Continue to develop personally and professionally with internal and extra-curricular training.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
What experience is required?
- Relevant work experience with Cloud administration and automation.
- Experience operating and managing Azure or AWS cloud environments including VMs, load balancers, and storage buckets
- Strong background in technical support and services delivery process.
- Proven record of strong troubleshooting skills and technical abilities.
- Linux and Windows Server Systems experience.
- Working knowledge of BeyondTrust products is desirable
- Azure or AWS certifications preferred.
- BA degree or equivalent work experience in OS and network related.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology is a plus.
What professional traits will make me successful?
- Problem Solving: Open to a wide range of ideas, will consider both traditional and innovative options. Driven and resolved to ‘fix’, possess a self-belief and confidence in ideas and solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to engage and appreciate the needs of different audiences. Communicates purposefully and able to address small – large sized groups. Enjoys being centre of attention and is keen to express ideas and engage with others.
- Customer Focus: Capacity to deal with customers in an engaging, professional and courteous way.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has awareness of the way one comes across to others
- Analytic: Possesses a systematic and problem-solving style. Logical approach to issues, wary of superficial conclusions, prefer to examine relevant information.
- Flexibility: Capacity to cope with the unexpected. Appreciate when traditional approaches no longer work and may be due for a review. Recognize the need for re-organization, whether they are a proponent or are on the receiving end of change.
- Team Orientation: Should be receptive, tolerant and willing to share
What about the Perks?
In light of Covid we're recommending everyone stay safe and work from home at the moment but we wanted to share some insight into our Mancheser office which makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.
Who are BeyondTrust?
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organisations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organisations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organisations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.