As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join our Manchester Engineering team. You will act as a servant-leader who promotes and supports Scrum by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values.
What Will I be Doing?
- Confident agile coach and mentor for the team, someone who knows when to be the leader in front, leader at the side and leader behind.
- Helping the team to remove any impediments themselves, whilst shielding the team from distractions that may arise beyond their control.
- Recognising antipatterns and advising the team on why and how these are to be avoided.
- Encouraging negotiation between the team, PO and various other stakeholders, shortening feedback loops and ensuring everyone’s views are considered
- Enabling the team to drive their own continuous improvement and where appropriate, shine a light on the blind spots teams may encounter in this regard
- Guiding the team on facilitation of their own ceremonies, whilst providing valuable input and coaching on how to improve and get more value out of the ceremonies
- Educate stakeholders outside the scrum team about how to inspect what the team is working on, advising what metrics offer insight and avoiding their misuse.
What Skills Should I have?
- Coaching the PO/team in the agile mindset and the reasons behind the practices and processes of Scrum.
- Encouraging your team to self-organise with a focus on delivering value with every iteration.
- Engaging with people, providing an open and free dialogue between team members and line managers.
- Always have one eye on your own development, and be learning and keeping up to date with the latest developments in Scrum and Agile thinking (via books, blogs and meetups etc)
- Be a self-starter who finds solutions and is easily able to adapt to new technologies.
- Embrace feedback loops, and encourage those around you to do the same. Someone who prides themselves on delivering hard truths whilst caring personally about improvements needed.
- Natural story teller, someone who can convey ideas visually with passion drawn on experience
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment.
- A thorough understanding of Agile methodologies supported by the skills to guide and coach teams in the application of the methodology.
- 2+ years of experience in a management or leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in a software development environment
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing privilege-related breaches. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 global customers.
It’s an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.
Search @BeyondTrust and #BeyondTrustLife on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to find out more about our company culture!