BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for the availability, monitoring, maintenance, incident response and resolution of the BeyondTrust Cloud Service. A successful Cloud Operations Engineer will have a working understanding of, and be able to, enable processes for delivering solutions via Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the day to day availability, monitoring, maintenance, incident response and resolution of the BeyondTrust Cloud Service.
- Work closely with multiple teams and organizations to ensure the service’s health meets defined SLAs.
- Troubleshoot and perform the initial triage of failed processes and instances in large scale distributed systems
- Evaluate and implement effective solutions for systematically identified and defined problems, threats, and preventive maintenance items.
- Plan work, identify risks, and provide accurate time estimates of deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders including team leads, managers, and directors.
- Provide thorough documentation for all work using strong written skills.
- Follow and implement risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Actively contribute in an Agile team to ensure continuous improvement of processes, policies, automation, and self.
- Continue to develop personally and professionally with internal and extra-curricular training.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
What is required:
- BA degree or equivalent work experience in OS and network related.
- Relevant work experience with Cloud administration and automation.
- Experience operating and managing Azure or AWS cloud environments including VMs, load balancers, and storage buckets
- Strong background in technical support and services delivery process.
- Proven record of strong troubleshooting skills and technical abilities.
- Linux and Windows Server Systems experience.
- Working knowledge of BeyondTrust products is preferred.
- Azure or AWS certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology is a plus.
- Problem Solving: Open to a wide range of ideas, will consider both traditional and innovative options. Driven and resolved to ‘fix’, possess a self-belief and confidence in ideas and solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to engage and appreciate the needs of different audiences. Communicates purposefully and able to address small – large sized groups. Enjoys being centre of attention and is keen to express ideas and engage with others.
- Customer Focus: Capacity to deal with customers in an engaging, professional and courteous way.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has awareness of the way one comes across to others
- Analytic: Possesses a systematic and problem-solving style. Logical approach to issues, wary of superficial conclusions, prefer to examine relevant information.
- Flexibility: Capacity to cope with the unexpected. Appreciate when traditional approaches no longer work and may be due for a review. Recognize the need for re-organization, whether they are a proponent or are on the receiving end of change.
- Team Orientation: Should be receptive, tolerant and willing to share