As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Engineer to join our IT team in Manchester and take responsibility for designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining BeyondTrust’s security systems and security-based technologies.
What will I do?
- Drive the initiatives of building and implementing tools to automate security monitoring and tasks.
- Drive the initiatives of reviewing the security aspects of applications and systems.
- Assist with developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently.
- Lead security projects from design, implementation to an operational phase.
- Secure enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing and testing security systems; preparing security standards (i.e., hardening guides), policies and procedures.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Design and deliver security landscape with a focus on thwarting malware, intrusions and denial of service attacks.
- Securely provision: Conceptualize, architect, design, and build secure IT systems and networks. Design elements of security architecture to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Operate and maintain: Provide support, administration and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient IT system performance and security.
- Protect and defend: Identify, analyze, and mitigate threats to internal IT systems and networks. Perform threat hunting and log review to identify indicators of compromise.
What is required?
- Professional security certification: Cisco Security and/or Palo Alto is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in Network, Server, and Client security administration.
- Operational knowledge of networking fundamentals including, but not limited, to Routing and Switching.
- 3-5 years of experience managing Firewalls, IPS/IDS Systems, Web Application Firewalls, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, Content Filtering Systems, Email Security Systems, DNS Systems, Routers, Switches and Endpoint Security Systems.
- Effective communication skills and ability to translate “tech terms” into business terms.
- Ability to learn new technologies and implement advanced solutions at a rapid pace.
- Ability to manage complex projects and work with 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of remote office connectivity technologies including MPLS, SSL/VPN, etc.
- Provide after-hours incident response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
- Ensure the business requirements are met and documented for various systems related to security best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related.
Who you are?
- You give and take feedback openly and graciously for the good of the team.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and improvement
- You are a team player, eager and open to sharing successes and failures.
- You are a motivated learner that looks for opportunities to learn and grow.
- You are flexible and can adapt to shifting situations and requirements.
- You try to inspire the best in others, and always try to deliver the same.
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.
Who are BeyondTrust?
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organisations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organisations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organisations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.