As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
Want to work on a busy service desk, providing support to a global business and ensuring the integrity of the department? We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join the BeyondTrust team here in Manchester! As an integral part of our business, the IT team are responsible for maintaining, administering and developing the IT infrastructure to ensure that BeyondTrust has a secure enterprise class network, whilst maintaining our position as a world leader.
You will report back to the Service Desk Manager, with a clear progression path to develop your career at a global organisation.
What will I be doing?
- Communicating and conveying ideas, and offering IT solutions to colleagues at all levels
- Providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to non-technical users and explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to all aspects of the services provided
- Ability to install, monitor, maintain and support all hardware, software within the business
- Troubleshoot all IT incidents within the specified Service Level Agreements
- Take ownership of a variety of IT incidents and explore new and alternative resolutions where appropriate, looking for opportunities to improve efficiency and the end user experience
- Where necessary, liaise with 3rd party vendors for maintenance and support
- Protect organisation's value by keeping information confidential
What skills should I have?
- Around 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Competent with Windows Operating Systems
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Office365
- End user focused
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective time management
- Driven and resilient
- Effective communication (both written and verbal)
- Highly organised
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- An understanding of IT trends and capabilities
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff effectively at all levels
Nice to have skills:
- Experience of working with endpoint security technology
- MCP or MCSE qualifications
- ITIL Foundation certificate or above
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Flight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
Search #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to delve into our company culture!