BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
BeyondTrust is seeking a Security Engineer who will be responsible for designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining BeyondTrust’s security systems and security-based technologies. In this role, you will:
What you will do?
- Drive the initiatives of building and implementing tools to automate security monitoring and tasks.
- Drive the initiatives of reviewing the security aspects of applications and systems.
- Assist with developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently.
- Lead security projects from design, implementation to an operational phase.
- Secure enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing and testing security systems; preparing security standards (i.e., hardening guides), policies and procedures.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Design and deliver security landscape with a focus on thwarting malware, intrusions and denial of service attacks.
- Securely provision: Conceptualize, architect, design, and build secure IT systems and networks. Design elements of security architecture to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Operate and maintain: Provide support, administration and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient IT system performance and security.
- Protect and defend: Identify, analyze, and mitigate threats to internal IT systems and networks. Perform threat hunting and log review to identify indicators of compromise.
What is required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related.
- Professional security certification: Cisco Security and/or Palo Alto is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in Network, Server, and Client security administration.
- Operational knowledge of networking fundamentals including, but not limited, to Routing and Switching.
- 3-5 years of experience managing Firewalls, IPS/IDS Systems, Web Application Firewalls, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, Content Filtering Systems, Email Security Systems, DNS Systems, Routers, Switches and Endpoint Security Systems.
- Effective communication skills and ability to translate “tech terms” into business terms.
- Ability to learn new technologies and implement advanced solutions at a rapid pace.
- Ability to manage complex projects and work with 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of remote office connectivity technologies including MPLS, SSL/VPN, etc.
- Provide after-hours incident response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
- Ensure the business requirements are met and documented for various systems related to security best practices.
Who you are?
- You give and take feedback openly and graciously for the good of the team.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and improvement
- You are a team player, eager and open to sharing successes and failures.
- You are a motivated learner that looks for opportunities to learn and grow.
- You are flexible and can adapt to shifting situations and requirements.
- You try to inspire the best in others, and always try to deliver the same.
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market. The importance of the channel has never been greater.
BeyondTrust is committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace environment.