As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
What's the role?
The Director of Engineering will oversee the development and innovation of Manchester-based products and solutions that specialise in Endpoint Security. We are looking for a hands-on technical leader who can take the performance and efficiency of our solution portfolio and team to the next level, as well as providing effective strategic leadership.
In this role, you will combine your technical acumen with strategic influence in making decisions and guiding the teams in an Agile environment. You will foster a resilient culture in a dynamic business, remove blockers, and ensure you continue to grow an already high performing team.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about making a difference. You will have a bias for action, driving quick decisions to help achieve the ever-scaling objectives of BeyondTrust!
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with the engineering leads to aid with architecture decisions for the products and supporting infrastructure
- Work with our product team to refine product requirements including providing feasibility and effort estimations
- Providing leadership to team during major customer interactions
- Providing technical leadership to a team of world-class software and quality assurance engineers
- Proactively coach, develop and aid career progression for team members.
- Take accountability for scaling our product team through successful budget, headcount, and capacity planning
- Foster a learning environment for the organisation and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Build strong relationships with key team members, advocating cross-team collaboration, and cross functional alignment
- Effectively articulate complex technical challenges and solutions to stakeholders across the business, regardless of their technical acumen
- Balance close involvement with teams and know when to step back to promote the culture of reliable autonomy and ownership.
- Works closely with Product Management team to define and deliver roadmap across a variety of complex product domains
- Support Product Owners to drive the strategy of product development and delivery
- Scope and justify resource and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
What experience do I need?
- 5+ years of technical team leadership
- Track record of leading high performing engineering teams (20+ people) comprising of QA, Software Engineers and Product Owners.
- Strong experience of Agile methodologies
- Background in delivering enterprise-level solutions
- Strategically minded, with the ability to adopt a global view of strategic goals and connect back to individual team goals.
- A background in hands-on software development in C#, C++ or Java
- Strong communication skills, ability to build a lasting relationship and influential networking both internally and externally
- Ability to bridge technologies effectively between desktop and Cloud
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
Nice to have skills?
- Experience with SAFe or another scaling methodology would be a huge plus
- Experience of working for a global, US headquartered high-tech company
- Experience of delivering cloud-based solutions, ideally on Azure
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare – Vitality
- Life cover – 3 x salary
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days plus bank holidays (increases with length of service)
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Learning budget, opportunity to attend industry leading software conferences
- Private onsite gym
- Team social events (Crystal Maze, Flight Club Darts, Junkyard Golf)
- Games room complete with Xbox and pool table
- Every day is dress down day
- Free onsite parking
Check us out on social @Beyondtrust and search #beyondtrustlife on LinkedIn and Twitter for a look inside our company culture.
Who are BeyondTrust?
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network.