BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Support Systems Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, implementing, securing and maintaining a mission critical network and software resources used by the global support team. A successful Support Systems Engineer will have a working understanding of, and be able to enable processes for delivering Support and Services.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the day to day functionality of tools and systems used by the Bomgar Support Services organizations
- Administer, manage, and support servers based on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X located in data centers.
- Evaluate and implement effective solutions for systematically identified and defined problems, threats, and preventive maintenance items.
- Create, modify, and build systems for the Bomgar Support and Services organizations to meet project requirements.
- Scoping assigned project/tasks and provide accurate time estimates.
- Provide thorough documentation for all development and software/hardware management work.
- Plan work, identify risks, and communicate effectively with team leads and managers.
- Responsible for designing, prototyping, documenting specifications, implementing and testing all developed software in the scope of the assigned project.
- Work with various stakeholders across multiple organizations to define and deliver service levels that meeting their business needs.
- Actively contribute in an Agile team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Continue to develop personally and professionally with internal and extra-curricular training
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
What is required:
- BA degree or equivalent work experience in OS and network related.
- Strong background in technical support and services delivery process.
- Proven record of strong troubleshooting skills and technical abilities.
- Linux and Windows Server Systems experience required
- Unix and Mac OS experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Bomgar products is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology is a plus
- Problem Solving: Open to a wide range of ideas, will consider both traditional and innovative options. Driven and resolved to ‘fix’, possess a self-belief and confidence in ideas and solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to engage and appreciate the needs of different audiences. Communicates purposefully and able to address small – large sized groups.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has awareness of the way one comes across to others
- Analytic: Possesses a systematic and problem-solving style. Logical approach to issues, wary of superficial conclusions, prefer to examine relevant information.
- Flexibility: Capacity to cope with the unexpected. Appreciate when traditional approaches no longer work and may be due for a review. Recognize the need for re-organization, whether they are a proponent or are on the receiving end of change.
- Team Orientation: Should be receptive, tolerant and willing to share
This is a full-time position.
Travel is expected for this position.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.