BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Information Architect is responsible for organizing complex systems of information so that users can find exactly what they’re looking for. He or she will work with the UX team to ensure a consistent, effective and competitive user experience for all BeyondTrust products.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Identify user requirements by working with clients and the UX Research team; analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods.
- Study and document how users consume content.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the portfolio product’s UI.
- Work with cross-functional business and technical teams and key stakeholders to define highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Drive the creation of user scenarios, workflow diagrams, site maps, requirements, wireframes and documentation before and during the development cycle for new features and capabilities.
- Work with the UX team to make major UI re-factorings and to push for more intuitive user experience when necessary.
- Coordinate with other UX team members, business owners, product managers, technology, and marketing strategists.
- Design simple to complex workflows leveraging client iterative validation.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Work with the UX team during the usability testing processes. Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Work with the UX Research team to conduct interviews and site visits, organize surveys and perform other usability assessments as appropriate.
- Act as the UX “go to” in the local development office with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices, company style guide and standards. Use research and trends to support recommendations.
- Research interaction design trends on different platforms and share recommendations with the UX team.
- Other duties as directed by manager.
- Enhance BeyondTrust’s reputation by sharing your expertise and knowledge outside of the company; promote accomplishments; explore opportunities to add value.
- Stay up to date on the latest research regarding application design and usability; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- 3 or more years of information architecture or experience analysis or UX design experience for desktop software and web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies.
- Experience using wireframe and prototyping tools. Preferred: Sketch, InVision.
- Experience engaging internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to create user scenarios, wireframes, workflow diagrams, site maps and documentation.
- Requirement analysis.
- Experience with user interface fundamentals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic Planning.
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a geographically dispersed team setting.
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.