BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing privilege-related breaches. Our extensible platform empowers organisations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 global customers.
It’s an exciting point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organisations are recognising the regulatory compliance and cyber security best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.
Working in an Agile Development Team, you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining an existing test automation framework and pipeline. You will be expected to be the test automation expert within a cross functional team where the whole team contribute to test automation. You will lead on automation activities, and help define the test strategy to enable the highest levels of Quality Assurance. In addition, you will work with other Test Automation Engineers across the organisation to share best practice, support flexibility, and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain existing test automation framework and pipeline;
- Help define the test automation strategy, and ensure it is implemented;
- Develop and extend automation test suites against Acceptance Criteria during Sprints;
- Maintain and update unstable existing tests;
- Analyse and report on regression results and escalate as required;
- Create and maintain suitable test environments with prerequisite software, test harnesses and data;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure software delivered by each sprint and each integration test meets both functional and non-functional requirements;
- In collaboration with the Agile team, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have enough acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived;
- Analysis of customer support issues escalated to engineering;Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise;
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure tasks are delivered to schedule, reporting as early as possible to team or manager where delivery milestones cannot be met;
- Any other activities in support of the business which can be reasonably expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
- Promote a “Test First” mentality where tests are written before or inline with Development (TDD);
- Good problem-solving skills, who will proactively automate repetitive manual test effort to increase QA efficiency;
- Proactive individual who can efficiently learn new technologies and abilities to perform their role;
- Will be able to mentor non-automation engineers to help promote whole team ownership of automation;
- Adaptable to change, who can move teams when it’s a requirement of the business;
- Be able to share their knowledge at every available opportunity with others within and outside the team;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and be able to communicate to various audiences and stakeholders;
- Strong QA background and will know what, how, and when not to automate;
- Demonstrate good time management, efficiency and organisational skills.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software testing environment;
- Experience of testing windows, web and cloud-based applications and services
- Professional software testing qualification e.g, ISTQB certificate in software testing – foundation level;
- Minimum of 2 years commercial software testing experience in automation;
- Technical testing skills and demonstrable evidence of the ability to write repeatable tests at all appropriate layers of the Test Pyramid
- Competent in an OOP language, ideally C#;
- Commercial experience of using any of the following; Selenium, Cypress, TestStack.White, Gherkin or Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Mocking web requests SOAP/REST (Postman/SoapUI);
- Working with Development teams to test using custom test harnesses;
- The ability to step through developer demo’s on Developer PCs, as well as feeling confident to read, understand and review Unit Tests written in C++
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers