As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
The Cloud Devops Engineer sits within our cloud management platform development team in Manchester and contributes to the delivery of a market leading SaaS solution. You will take ownership of the build/delivery pipeline and collaborate with the development team to deliver a full Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline.
We’re looking for a natural communicator who has previous experience of working effectively as part of a cross functional Agile team. You will leverage your cloud and SaaS knowledge to build sound specialised knowledge, enabling you to advise the team on ongoing product and deployment process improvements for all delivery platforms, with a primary focus on SaaS.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborating with a cross functional engineering team to deliver an enterprise level SAAS solution
- Acting as a DevOps advocate, bridging the gap between Development and Operations
- Sharing best practise and upskilling the team on DevOps best practices
- Work closely with the technical support teams to ensure that solutions can be managed in a scalable, automated way
- Working in an Agile team, attending typical ceremonies (e.g. daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives)
- Actively building and staying abreast of emerging technologies, guiding teams on how to interpret and best leverage the emerging technologies to meet strategic goals
- Contributing to decisions about the team's architectural direction.
What skills do I need?
- Strong cloud and on-premise enterprise product development and deployment experience
- Experience delivering SaaS solutions
- Experience with infrastructure as code, configuration management, containerisation and implementing CI/CD pipelines for enterprise scale products
- Knowledge of supporting MS Windows environments
- Proven experience in one of the following cloud solutions; Azure, AWS or Google Cloud (preferably Azure)
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills for complex enterprise systems:
- Network/Firewall/Proxy/Load Balancer
- Authentication & Certificate
- Database (SQL Server)
- VM Configuration & Management
- Strong scripting experience (Powershell, Bash, Python or Ruby)Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, internal and customer facing
- An understanding of Agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Highly organised with strong time management and a desire to achieve deadlines
Nice to have skills?
- Knowledge of ARM templates
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare – Vitality
- Life cover – 3 x salary
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days plus bank holidays (increases with length of service)
- Learning budget, opportunity to attend industry leading software conferences
- Private onsite gym
- Team social events (Crystal Maze, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Games room complete with Xbox and pool table
- Every day is dress down day
- Free onsite parking
Check us out on our socials (Twitter, Instagram) @Beyondtrust and search #beyondtrustlife for a look inside our company culture.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing privilege-related breaches. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 global customers.
It’s an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.