At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionising the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organisations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralised management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximises IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organisations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
Work in an Agile Development Team, with responsibility for assuring the quality of the Privilege Management for Mac solution prior to external release. QA Engineers collaborate with the Agile team in the development and maintenance of test charters, test cases, test plans and other test materials and in the execution of test plans and reporting of test results for specific product releases. You will work on QA activities of moderate scope by yourself with little or no guidance from a more senior QA Engineer. You will be expected to investigate and resolve software issues and take ownership of more complex areas that less experienced members of the team may not be able to take on.
Whilst QA Engineers will develop expertise in one or more modules owned by their assigned team, over time it is expected that expertise in multiple modules and products will be developed to support flexibility within the team and provide broader product knowledge.
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure software delivered by each sprint and each integration test meets both functional and non-functional requirements;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team in the creation and execution of test charters, test scripts, recording outcome of tests, reporting defects and identifying opportunities for product improvement;
- In collaboration with the Agile team, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing;
- Execution of exploratory testing as required to meet the test plan;
- Creation and maintenance of suitable test environments for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and populating or configuring test data. This may extend to testing of interaction with devices e.g. testing of interfaces and integration with other modules, products or interface test harnesses;
- Perform static testing and impact assessment of development documentation;
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have enough acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived;
- Assist with the population and maintenance of automated testing under the direction of the test automation specialists;
- Analysis of customer support issues escalated to engineering;
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise;
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure tasks are delivered to schedule, reporting as early as possible to team or manager where delivery milestones cannot be met;
- Work with the Agile team to achieve excellent levels of product quality prior to external release;
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility;
- Any other activities in support of the business which can be reasonably expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
- A QA Engineer will be a proactive individual who can efficiently learn new technologies and abilities to perform their role;
- A QA Engineer will be able to mentor other members of their team on the workings of their product under test;
- A QA Engineer will be adaptable to change, who can move teams when it’s a requirement of the business;
- A QA Engineer will be able identify areas of improvement for QA activities, which could reduce waste and improve efficiency;
- A QA Engineer will share their knowledge at every available opportunity with others within and outside the team;
- A QA Engineer will have good communication skills, both oral and written, and be able to communicate to various audiences and stakeholders;
- A QA Engineer will have a strong QA background and will know what, how, and when to stop testing the product under test;
- A QA Engineer will demonstrate good time management, efficiency and organisational skills.
Education and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software testing environment;
- Professional software testing qualification e.g, ISTQB certificate in software testing – foundation level;
- Minimum of 2 years commercial software testing experience;
- Technical testing skills and demonstrable evidence of the ability to test below the GUI of applications;
- Two or more from the following list:
- More than 1 year testing in agile environment;
- Experience using macOS / OS X
- Experience in Linux
- Creating SQL queries to interrogate/update a database;
- Understanding and experience of XML and using XML tools;
- Experience of working with Development teams to test using test harnesses;
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI;
- The ability to step through developer demo’s on Developer PCs, as well as feeling confident to step through Unit tests with developers.
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
Search #BeyondTrustLife on Twitter and / or LinkedIn to get a flavour of our culture!