BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. Our products enable the right level of privileges for just the time needed, creating a frictionless experience for users that enhances productivity.
With a heritage of innovation and a staunch commitment to customers, BeyondTrust solutions are easy to deploy, manage, and scale as businesses evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Tax Specialist position will report to the Tax Manager of Direct Taxes and assume responsibility for preparing the domestic and international direct tax compliance, audit defense and reporting.
- Maintaining and reconciling all tax accounts for each legal entity on a quarterly basis
- Calculation and reporting of income taxes under ASC 740
- Research and analyze existing rules and regulations relating to accounting and reporting of income taxes
- Preparation of responses to income tax examinations
- Participation in planning activities to manage the effective tax rate and cash taxes
- Assist on matters related to cross-border transactions and tax reporting
- Maintain documentation relating to all tax process and controls
- Knowledge of domestic and international direct taxes
- Preparation of workpapers required by external tax advisors for the preparation of federal, state and international income tax filings.
- Projection of federal and state income tax liabilities for preparation of quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions.
- Potential to cross-train with indirect tax team to provide backup support for US sales and use tax compliance, audits, property tax compliance, international indirect taxes including preparation of GST/VAT returns and any additional international indirect tax returns
- Preparation of workpapers required for external tax advisors for maintaining tax fixed asset data and depreciation
- Research direct and indirect tax laws
- Maintain global tax calendar
- Respond to inquiries from business units on tax matters
- Respond to notices
- Identify and implement continuous improvements while pursuing operational efficiencies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership capacity to resolve complex problems within a cross-functional environment
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well independently, in a team environment and with remote employees
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Extremely detail oriented
- Self-starter and Learner
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of direct taxes
- Knowledge of international and indirect taxes a plus
- Follow outlined policies and procedures and make recommendations for process changes
- Strong desire to grow within the tax department
Required Education and/or Experience:
Formal education level:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commensurate accounting/tax experience and CPA (or CPA Candidate)
Specific skills & proficiency level:
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- MS Word
- Experience with Tax Research
- Sage Intacct and/or OneSource Tax Provision a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate tax experience (public accounting or industry)
- Individual may be required to work additional hours beyond a “typical” 40-hour week to meet assignment deadlines.
- Infrequent travel may be required
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.