At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionising the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organisations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralised management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximises IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organisations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
Working as a consultant to the Agile Development Teams, you will have responsibility for working with the Lead QA Engineers in aligning test strategy for the department, as well was the management and career development of the QA team members. You will coach and mentor QA team members in order to improve their QA skills, product and domain knowledge, as well as driving strategic quality initiatives across the department. As a QA Manager, you will challenge and motivate the team to identify areas of potential improvement to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement. It is expected of the QA Manager to have a strong understanding of all products developed in the department, to offer an expert opinion on risks, integration and system test strategies.
What Will I be Doing?
- Line management of QA staff in the department; ensuring wellbeing, performance and ongoing development of skills and experience are managed;
- Lead testing methods, direction and techniques across the department;
- Identification and implementation of QA initiatives, tools and techniques to improve the way we test our software;
- Implementation and ownership of performance and security test strategies;
- Involvement in Root Cause Analysis for all escaped internal and external bugs, identifying and providing improvements to the product and processes;
- Promote a quality first culture and collaborate with development teams to implement systems which guarantee this;
- Work with project management on ensuring we can accurately track and schedule releases;
- Act as a mentor for all members of the QA team;
- Recognise risks, resourcing issues, and skill gaps in the teams and provide solutions or escalations to address them;
- Identifying skill gaps and suitable training needs across the department;
- Working to actively promote the company in talks/conferences/meetups/events;
- Advocate for agile practices and for championing a T Shape culture;
- Effective negotiator of requirements, scope and timescales;
- Review, identify and improve QA environment strategy;
- Proactive definition and execution of continuous improvement initiatives across teams;
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
What Skills Should I have?
- 1 years’ experience in the line management of staff;
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software testing environment;
- Professional software testing qualification e.g, ISTQB certificate in software testing – practitioner level;
- Minimum of 5 years commercial software testing experience;
- Experience in leading and / or managing development teams.
- A QA Manager will be a personable and objective individual;
- A QA Manager will be a proactive individual who shows initiative to always look ahead to plan and mitigate any risks to the department;
- A QA Manager will be able to report to the Director of Engineering and wider business in absolutes, using metrics and evidence to drive the decision-making process;
- A QA Manager will be adaptable to change who can work with all teams in the department to drive QA process and strategy;
- A QA Manager will share their knowledge at every available opportunity with others within and outside the team;
- A QA Manager will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and be able to communicate to various audiences and stakeholders;
- A QA Manager will have a solid QA background and will know what, how, and when to stop testing;
- A QA Manager will demonstrate excellent time management, efficiency and organisational skills;
- A QA Manager will demonstrate resiliency when managing multiple activities.
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
Search #BeyondTrustLife on Twitter and / or LinkedIn to get a flavour of our culture!