As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers. As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking environment, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
The Product Leader / Director / VP is responsible for planning and driving BeyondTrust offerings through all phases of the product lifecycle. Specific responsibility for current product platform strategy and execution – including BeyondInsight, next gen platform projects, managed cloud/SaaS enablement, integration and marketplace strategy, and indirect sales / channel enablement, and product life cycle management.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Conduct primary market research - including win/loss research, working with industry analysts, customers & market surveys, customer advisory boards, and performing on-site visits with customers and prospects - to aid in defining the product direction.
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitive products and current platform / portfolio products.
- Define, validate and maintain product and platform strategy, roadmaps and investment plans for specific products and platforms, specifically new BeyondInsight enhancements, platform unification efforts, next gen platform planning and execution, and SaaS enablement of products.
- Define platform strategy to achieve cloud deployment and managed cloud portfolio offerings.
- Define enhancement for technology alliance partners, and other channel partners (global SI’s, VARs/VADs, and OEMs).
- Solicit input for new platform enhancements from customer-facing internal partners: product management, R&D, sales, solution engineers, marketing, customer support, engineering.
- Research, define, and document market requirements and stories associated with new platform enhancements, sustaining enhancements and new product development initiatives.
- Create and maintain a backlog of proposed platform enhancements to be utilized to analyze and select what will comprise a new platform release.
- Develop financial justification analyses, utilize standard scoring criteria and obtain low-fidelity effort scoping to rank order and decide on which platform enhancements will be represented in a release.
- Manage a team of product professionals focused on platform and channel enablement areas.
- Work with other Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, Solutions Engineers, and Software Developers to specify software requirements.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Technical Product Managers to ensure that test plans are valid for specific requirements.
- Assist Product Marketing and Marketing in helping to properly position and launch new versions of BeyondTrust platform and products.
- Support pre-sales engagements with complex or unique customer installation questions in a timely, efficient and professional manner, and support sales enablement activities.
- Conduct post-release research to ensure the quality and fitness of released platform enhancements.
- Manage client advisory boards to obtain input on enhancements and validate roadmap and release direction.
- Provide scorecard results on a monthly basis for key investments and/or new platform or product launches.
- Support annual strategic planning situation assessment and strategy development activities.
- Other duties as directed by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, product management, computer science or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in marketing, product management, or computer science
- 7+ years of experience in product management or technical product management
- Experience in the information security industry and with security software products
- Experience in managing teams of skilled product professionals
- Proficiency working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), specifically with scrum/agile approaches
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new markets, technologies and approaches
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must be self-reliant, but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS experience.
- Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platform experience
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.