As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers. As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking environment, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
How you will be helping (what they will work on)
- Join a small team in building and delivering enterprise level software that integrates with Active Directory
- Contribute to the team's success during the full product lifecycle: from the design and usability stage, to release delivery, to post-release escalation support.
- Configure, test and verify data related to complex Active Directory environments.
- In addition to manual testing, develop automation scripts to handle performance testing.
- Assist with escalations from support as needed.
How you’ll know you are succeeding: (Milestones)
- You will have helped deliver a quality product that is user friendly and works reliably in large corporate environments.
- You will have a strong working relationship with the developers on the team.
- The team relies on you for honest, professional assessments of quality and release readiness.
- Your QA related documentation is clear, concise, and easy to follow.
- You are self-motivated and an independent worker.
- You are not afraid to reach out to other team members for help or clarification.
What you will bring: (skills/qualifications)
- 4 or more years of software testing experience
- Experience with Active Directory environments.
- Knowledge of security and Windows permissions
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum/Waterfall software development methodologies
- Strong technical skills and troubleshooting abilities
- A desire to ensure a quality release
- Scripting or programming skills (PowerShell, C#, etc.)
Soft Skills / Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Open to accepting new challenges
- Willingness to change direction as needed according to corporate/team goals
- Ability to communicate well both within the team as well as with other teams in the company.
Where you work and live (Office or remote location)
- Our premium downtown Halifax, NS location has a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks and drinks, and people gather every Tuesday to connect over a complementary catered lunch.
Where you could visit
- Potential to travel to our other development centers located in the US and the UK
BeyondTrust is committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace environment.