BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance.
What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking an Accounting Manager in our Phoenix Office. This is an opportunity to work closely with Sales, Fulfillment, Product Management and Legal departments on quote setup and shipment, co-terming maintenance and contract language while providing visibility into BeyondTrust’s products and services as we rapidly grow with the Cyber Security Industry. You will be a key part of a team whose results are valued, as revenue receives high exposure from company-wide departments, executives, and investors. In this role, you will:
- Review sales orders for accuracy and ensure they comply with the Company’s revenue recognition policies and procedures
- Enter invoices and create revenue recognition schedules in the accounting system
- Calculate and review co-terming of maintenance contracts
- Respond to customer and employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Interface with multiple departments including sales staff and management
- prepare month-end related journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with month-end close, quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Prepare accruals and reconcile sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Review and approve VSOE analysis
- Quarterly reporting to executive leadership
- Increase your skill-set by constantly utilizing new and complex revenue recognition standards within best in class systems.
- Supervise the order processing team, while maintaining hands-on responsibilities for all of the above.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or related discipline a plus)
- 7+ years of accounting experience, preferably in Revenue or A/R for the software industry
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Fast learner, detail oriented and able to accurately and efficiently perform tasks
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and resolution skills
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Experience with Salesforce
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- CPA designation or candidacy
- Experience with Intacct, GP, MAS500, or QuickBooks
- Experience in the Software industry
- Experience with and knowledge of ASC 605-25 and ASC 985-605
Who are you?
- You are flexible! You define “good attitude.”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Finance and Accounting Team?
- BeyondTrust was founded upon a strong hacker culture that believed freedom and creativity were the best approach to build truly industry-changing products. To this day, that same spirit drives the focus and innovation of our company.
- Quarterly team events and development workshops
- Unlimited free soda, snacks, coffee.
- Casual dress and laid back environment.
- Catered events and spontaneous Ping Pong and Long putt tourneys.
- Adhoc Sports trivia with our CEO in the hallways.
- This is not your typical corporate office with red Swingline staplers and burnt coffee in the break room coffee pot. Here, you’ll meet people who are passionate about our culture and their careers!
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.