At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages
privileged access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management,
offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen
credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible
platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve
across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments.
BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with
centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and
informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible
design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and
security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they
need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance.
We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global
What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking a Software Escalations Engineer to assist with customer escalations and maintenance fixes on one of our least privilege products. This is a hands-on position that requires troubleshooting, researching, reproducing and fixing issues that are discovered in customer production environments. PowerBroker for Windows is a solution that manages privileges and controls applications, allowing the implementation of least privilege environments in enterprises. In this role, you will:
* Track down, reproduce, and log issues found at customer sites, assisting with support calls as needed to gather information.
* Fix issues in existing C++ and C# code. Work with senior developers and QA to ensure the fixes meet requirements and security guidelines.
* Analyze dump files and diagnose issues found in customers’ environments.
* Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
* Ensure the best possible product performance and quality.
* Work with QA to validate fixes and contribute to successful product releases.
What is Required?
* 4+ years of development experience in C++ and C#.
* Experience with low level troubleshooting of customer escalations.
* Strong communication skills, oral and written.
* Strong methodical/analytical/troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with Active Directory/Group Policy/computer security strongly preferred.
* Excellent organization, time management, process adherence skills.
* Programming skills in C++, COM, C#, .NET, SQL.
* Experience with Windows Win32 application development.
* Proficiency in Windows security concepts.
* Low-level coding experience in a Windows environment.
* Solid understanding of modern design patterns and object-oriented programming.
* Experience with full lifecycle of development, including product release in an agile environment.
* Flexibility and willingness to pitch in where needed.
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
* Experience debugging crash dumps
* Experience debugging kernel level driver issues
* Experience working on a small team (not necessarily small company)
* Good understanding of network security and encryption.
* Experience using git/Microsoft Azure DevOps.
* Experience with SQL
* Experience with macOS
Who are you?
* You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
* You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
* You ask “how we can, not why we can’t.”
* You have a great sense of humor.
* You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
* You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
* You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
* You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
* You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
* You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Halifax Team?
* BeyondTrust is built upon a strong collaborative culture that believes teamwork and creativity are the best approach to build truly industry-changing products.
* Enjoy a state of the art facility in a premium downtown location
* Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise security products
* A range of employee benefits, including RRSP matching and a company-paid extended health care plan
* Free soda, snacks, and freshly ground coffee.
* Casual dress and atmosphere.
* Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.