At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages
privileged access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management,
offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen
credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible
platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve
across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments.
BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with
centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and
informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible
design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and
security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they
need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance.
We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global
What Will You Do?
As an Escalation Engineer in our Software Engineering department, you will collaborate
with our Engineering and Technical Support teams. We are looking for a passionate and
motivated Engineer who enjoys the challenge of solving tough problems in a dynamic
environment. This individual thrives at problem solving, getting to the root cause within
software or the environment in which it runs, and is motivated by doing what is right for
our products and our customers.
In this role, you will:
● From the Engineering department, work directly with the Support department to
investigate, troubleshoot and triage complex, code-related technical issues,
gather product feedback, implement code fixes and build patches.
● Apply code changes across various versions of our products
● Collaborate with other cross-functional team members to discuss issues and
● Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of
● Participate in developing new processes.
What is Required?
● Great troubleshooting skills: The ability to critically think through a problem
description, working toward reproducing and diagnosing the problem by using the
product, reading logs, and reading code.
● 2+ Years of experience in software development or related field
● Understanding of C++; or understanding of TypeScript, Angular, and PHP
● LDAP, Active Directory and/or other Authentication mechanism experience
● Proficiency at installing and configuring Microsoft Windows
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
● Experience with Git, SQL, Bash
● Network knowledge: Basic knowledge of IPs, subnets, DNS, DHCP
● Agile team experience: Working as a team in scrums, sprints & retrospectives
● Proficiency at installing and configuring Linux and/or macOS operating systems
Who are you?
● You love to find problems in other people’s code, and fix them.
● You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
● You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation
● You don’t shy away from customer demands.
● You ask, “how we can, not why we can’t”.
● You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
● You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to
grow in your role and with the company!
● You always work for the best interest of the team.
● You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
● You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Team?
● Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise products
● A wide range of employee benefits
● Flexible PTO
● Free soda, snacks, and coffee
● Company Lunch every Tuesday
● Casual dress and atmosphere
● Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to
share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to
educational and learning resources.