Here at BeyondTrust we're on the hunt for a DevOps Engineer to work as part of the System Team, an Agile oriented team supporting the software engineering department’s scrum teams. The System Team own the development infrastructure and drive up productivity and efficiency across all teams by streamlining development operations through provision of highly effective development tooling, supporting automated build, deployment/ test, enabling both Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
This position would provide a great opportunity for someone to bring their existing experience of DevOps practices to continue to grow and promote our DevOps culture throughout the business. You will be part of a small but experienced team with a heavy emphasis on growth and mentoring. This is a varied position that will give you exposure to multiple aspects of DevOps and the opportunity to choose your own pathway.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborate with scrum teams to ensure developer environments meet requirements and best practices for scale, performance and operability.
- Contribute to designing and implementing automated build, deployment and test of applications and system configurations across multiple platforms, technologies and products (Windows, macOS, Azure).
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and pre-production environments.
- Support the design and development of automated deployment of pipelines to validate builds in the CI & CD processes.
- Support scrum teams with issues surrounding infrastructure/services.
- Research and propose new technologies and tools to improve our delivery speed and increase quality.
What skills should I have?
- Degree or high level of industry certification (MCSE/CCNA/VCP).
- Excellent understanding and experience in two or more of the following: Windows / Windows Server / Hyper-V or Azure
- Minimum four years experience in one of the following: software engineering, software testing, infrastructure (compute/network/storage) support or product support with an interest to develop in the other areas.
- Two years experience in an Agile development environment.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices, techniques and tooling supporting software build, deployment and test automation.
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions both inside and outside development.
Skills that are a bonus:
- Scripting skills with at least one common scripting language.
- Experience with .NET development languages (C#/ASP.net)
- Experience of industry standard DevOps tools, AzDO and Ansible
- Knowledge of industry standard DevOps tools such as Packer, Vagrant, Chef, Specflow, Kubernetes, Jenkins or Jira
- Experience with VMWare ESXi / macOS
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
- Childcare vouchers
Search #BeyondTrustLife on Twitter and / or LinkedIn to get a flavour of our culture!