As a Product Owner you will work collaboratively as part of a high-performing Agile development department, delivering class leading security products in the privilege management and application control space, with a focus on the Mac platform.
The successful candidate will be a highly effective communicator, with the ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional Agile team and leverage their deep Mac domain knowledge to influence product direction as a member of the extended Product Management team.
You will leverage your knowledge of the domain to manage the team’s backlog and act as the customer proxy to the team in the specification, design and acceptance of product features.
What will I be doing?
- Maximise the value of the product by collaborating with users, clients & stakeholders.
- Be “Product” oriented, not “Project” oriented – own the product and “what” the team delivers, not “how”.
- Strong focus on acquiring product feedback from customers & users.
- Focus on increased value, not increased velocity by measuring customer / user satisfaction.
- Connect with customers, Product Managers and other stakeholders across the business to promote your products and surface new insights to aid in influencing the product roadmap.
- Acquire deep market knowledge and keep up with changes in the market & rapid evolution of macOS in Enterprise in order to anticipate client needs.
- Ensure seamless interfaces with Product Management and other business stakeholders result in translation of their requirements into clear and unambiguous priorities for the Scrum team.
- Own the team backlog and prioritize items in the backlog to reflect profit drivers, strategic customers and business risks in collaboration with Product Management.
- In collaboration with the team, complete story elaboration and estimation as part of backlog refinement.
- Be an ambassador for the Scrum Process and avoid Waterfall by focussing on end-to-end vertical slice feature delivery.
- Ensure planning and reporting provides transparency and visibility of plans and progress to business stakeholders.
- Motivate the team, providing guidance and mentoring to aid successful delivery of all objectives.
Essential Education, Experience & Attributes
- Deep understanding of security requirements in managing an enterprise level Mac estate.
- You will be confident in leveraging your domain knowledge to drive the product vision – meeting the needs of current and prospective customers and maintaining our leadership position in the market.
- Experience of working with business users to define requirements and design solutions to those requirements.
- A collaborative working approach to creating great product solutions to customer problems.
- Excellent stakeholder management across all levels.
- Proven experience of capturing product requirements/story writing.
- Highly organised with strong time management and a desire to achieve deadlines.
- Effective at multi-tasking & time management.
Desirable Education & Experience
- Experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner in a high performing Agile team.
- An understanding of Agile development methodologies including Scrum.
Persuasive Communication: The ability to express oneself well, to influence others and to negotiate effectively
Developing Others: Successfully inspire confidence in others. Are prepared to devote time and energy to the growth of their protégés, have the tact and sensitivity to deal with development needs, and have the optimism to expect positive outcomes.
Managing Change: Takes responsibility for doing whatever is necessary to ensure that change is successfully implemented, with objectives achieved on time and within budget. Achievement orientated, organised, comfortable challenging procedures, possess appropriate people skills and be committed to the values of the business.
Resilience: Ability to cope under stress and remain calm under pressure. Confident without seeming arrogant; has the ability to not take things personally and will discuss contrary views objectively.
Flexibility: Has a capacity to cope with the expected. Appreciate when traditional approaches no longer work and may be due for a review. Recognise the need for re-organisation, whether they are a proponent or are on the receiving end of change.
Delegating: Effectively selecting suitable individuals to delegate to. Is able to let go of cherished responsibilities and appreciates the capability of others and their need to be set appropriate challenges.
Interpersonal Skills: Possesses interpersonal sensitivity and the ability to appreciate another person’s motivational and emotional needs. Regardless of professional level, able to develop effective relationships with others both within and beyond their own area of responsibility. Will diffuse conflict and create harmonious relationships.
Independence: Forthright in expressing their views, and unafraid to make unpopular decisions in a way that takes into consideration the sensitivities of others.
Decision Making: Achieves the correct balance between risk taking and unnecessary risk. Resourceful and confident in their own abilities in order to deal calmly with problems, choices and uncertainty. Ensures they are adequately informed on all issues and to be rational in their judgement.
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
- Private healthcare
- Onsite gym and games room
- Free lunch Tuesdays
- Flexible working options
- Employer matched pension
- Life Cover
- Free onsite Parking
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions Bomgar for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market. The importance of the channel has never been greater.
Search #beyondtrustlife on LinkedIn and Twitter to find out more about our amazing company culture and follow us on Instagram @BeyondTrust