As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
As a Product Owner you will work collaboratively as part of a high-performing Agile development team, delivering market leading security products in the privilege management and application control space, with a focus on the macOS platform. Leveraging your knowledge of the domain to manage the team’s backlog, you will act as the customer proxy to the team in the specification, design and acceptance of product features.
What will I be doing?
- Maximise the value of the product by collaborating with users, clients and stakeholders.
- Be “Product” oriented, not “Project” oriented – own the product and “what” the team delivers, not “how”.
- Strong focus on acquiring product feedback from customers & users.
- Focus on increased value, not increased velocity by measuring customer / user satisfaction.
- Connect with customers, Product Managers and other stakeholders across the business to promote your products and surface new insights to aid in influencing the product roadmap.
- Acquire deep market knowledge and keep up with changes in the market & rapid evolution of macOS in Enterprise in order to anticipate client needs.
- Ensure seamless interfaces with Product Management and other business stakeholders result in translation of their requirements into clear and unambiguous priorities for the Scrum team.
- Own the team backlog and prioritize items in the backlog to reflect profit drivers, strategic customers and business risks in collaboration with Product Management.
- In collaboration with the team, complete story elaboration and estimation as part of backlog refinement.
- Be an ambassador for the Scrum Process and avoid Waterfall by focussing on end-to-end vertical slice feature delivery.
- Ensure planning and reporting provides transparency and visibility of plans and progress to business stakeholders.
- Motivate the team, providing guidance and mentoring to aid successful delivery of all objectives.
Essential Education, Experience & Attributes
- Experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner in a high performing Agile team.
- You will be confident in leveraging your domain knowledge to drive the product vision – meeting the needs of current and prospective customers and maintaining our leadership position in the market.
- Experience of working with business users to define requirements and design solutions to those requirements.
- A collaborative working approach to creating great product solutions to customer problems.
- Excellent stakeholder management across all levels.
- An understanding of Agile development methodologies including Scrum.
- Proven experience of capturing product requirements/story writing.
- Highly organised with strong time management and a desire to achieve deadlines.
- Effective at multi-tasking & time management.
Desirable Education & Experience
- Understanding of security requirements in managing an enterprise level Mac estate.
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare – Vitality
- Life cover – 3 x salary
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Team social events (Crystal Maze, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days plus bank holidays (increases with length of service)
- Private onsite gym
- Games room complete with Xbox and pool table
- Every day is dress down day
- Opportunity to attend industry leading technical conferences (some of our mac team members just returned from Hawaii!)
- Free onsite parking
Check us out on our socials (Twitter, Instagram) @Beyondtrust and search #beyondtrustlife for a look inside our company culture.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing privilege-related breaches. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 global customers.
It’s an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.