What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, technical and well-organized Project Manager to join the Professional Services team. This is a Remote position in the US. In this role, you will:
- Provide oversight over all aspects of software deployment projects over the entire project lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
- Be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables with our customers to include clearly defined project tasks, project schedule, resource requirements, dependencies, and critical path items.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of resources.
- Identify key project team members by defining roles and responsibilities to create a project organization structure to develop a communication plan.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Ensure proper status reporting is shared across the project team, including time, budget, and risk items.
- Produce and Maintain high quality, professional project documentation for customer engagements, including Project Initiation Documents, GANTT Charts and RAID logs.
- Work strategically with Sales to ensure Services is helping to execute against software sales initiatives.
- Responsible for up-selling and driving additional service and product revenue with existing customers.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to the customer, project team members, and management – proactively manages changes in project, and drive all projects to a successful conclusion within agreed timescales.
What is Required?
Essential Education, Experience & Attributes
- Experience delivering both remote and onsite project management consultancy to a range of technically experienced senior managers and investors:
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen to be able to manage typical project management scenarios.
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness to be able to operate effectively within a post sales environment.
- To be able to demonstrate an all-round strong understanding of the following project management areas:
- Project scheduling, resource and budget management.
- Project scope management.
- Issue, escalation and conflict management.
- To be able to demonstrate a good appreciation of project management in technical environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint)
- To be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Able to manage own tasks and workload effectively, prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Strong work ethic.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Embraces change and new challenges.
- Flexibility to travel 25-35%.
- Desirable Education, Experience & Attributes
- Prince2 or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- BA/BS, or equivalent experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines
- Proven track record of delivering successful Enterprise IT Projects
- Experience using CRM technology and specifically Salesforce.com.
- Project Management: Remains calm under pressure. Delivers to agreed timeframes. Organized and possesses a high attention to detail. Possess strong interpersonal skills to get the best from the project team.
- Problem Solving: Open to a wide range of ideas, will consider both traditional and innovative options. Driven and resolved to ‘fix’, possess a self-belief and confidence in ideas and solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to engage and appreciate the needs of different audiences. Communicates purposefully and able to address small – large sized groups. Enjoys being center of attention and is keen to express ideas and engage with others.
- Customer Focus: Capacity to deal with customers in an engaging, professional and courteous way.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has awareness of the way one comes across to others
- Analytic: Possesses a systematic and problem-solving style. Logical approach to issues, wary of superficial conclusions, prefer to examine relevant information.
- Flexibility: Capacity to cope with the unexpected. Appreciate when traditional approaches no longer work and may be due for a review. Recognize the need for re-organization, whether they are a proponent or are on the receiving end of change.
- Team Orientation: Should be receptive, tolerant and willing to share
- Experience with or the working knowledge of the following BeyondTrust products (BeyondInsight, PowerBroker for Windows, PowerBroker for Unix, PowerBroker Password Safe, PowerBroker Identity Services, PowerBroker Auditor, Defendpoint, Remote Support) a plus.
- Implementing, supporting, or selling security solutions experience.
Who are you?
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and self-improvement with the desire to grow in your role in the company
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company
- You work for the best interest of the group
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are proactive
- You graciously give and receive feedback
Why Join the BeyondTrust Professional Services Team?
BeyondTrust was founded upon a strong culture that believed freedom and creativity were the best approach to build truly industry-changing products. To this day, that same spirit drives the focus and innovation of our company.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.