BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance.
What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking an Escalation Engineer to investigate customer-reported bugs and feature requests in production environments. This is a hands-on position that requires troubleshooting, researching, and reproducing issues in house that are discovered in customer environments.
- Reproduce issues found at customer sites. Assist with support calls as needed to gather information.
- Work with Technical Support, Software Development, and Product Management to ensure network security products meet and exceed customer expectations and technical requirements
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated to development by technical support
- Coordinate communication from support and customers to our development teams.
- Maintain lab environments with various operating systems and configurations.
What is Required?
- Experience with low level troubleshooting of customer escalations
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong methodical/analytical/troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience with Active Directory/Group Policy/computer security strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization, time management, process adherence skills.
- Experience with C#, .net web applications / web service development
- Strong MSSQL skills
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP and associated security protocols.
- Experience with Windows/Unix/Linux OS.
- Based in our Halifax office.
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Experience with network configuration and optimization
- Experience with SQL Profiler
Who are you?
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask “how we can, not why we can’t.”
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Halifax Team?
- BeyondTrust is built upon a strong collaborative culture that believes teamwork and creativity are the best approach to build truly industry-changing products.
- Enjoy a state of the art facility in a premium downtown location
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise security products
- A range of employee benefits, including RRSP matching and a company-paid extended health care plan
- Free soda, snacks, and freshly ground coffee.
- Lunchtime Xbox One duels, board-games, and role-playing games.
- Casual dress and atmosphere.
- Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.