What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to create and execute test cases and plans for our integrated IT Security Appliances. BeyondTrust offers a full line of integrated IT risk management appliances dedicated to vulnerability management, privileged account management, endpoint protection, configuration compliance, patch management, and regulatory compliance management.
These appliances provide multi-platform network discovery, automated vulnerability and risk assessment, centralized policy enforcement, least privilege reporting, and powerful compliance and regulatory audit capabilities.
In this role, you will:
* Develop and run test cases, create and execute test plans
* Work with the team to organize product items
* Update task items and defects
* Maintain a test environment
* Provide feedback on the quality of releases
What is Required?
* Familiarity with server hardware
* Windows Server administration (understanding of roles, features, registry, hardening, group polices, IIS)
* SQL Server experience
* PowerShell scripting
* Batch scripting
* Hardware/driver troubleshooting
* Experience or familiarity with advanced networking technologies (VLAN, link aggregation, NIC teaming, multihoming)
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
* Experience using or managing Virtualization Environments (ESX, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
* SQL Failover Clustering and Always On Availability Groups experience
* Load Balancer experience
* Agile team experience
Who are you?
* You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
* You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
* You ask “how we can, not why we can’t”.
* You have a great sense of humor.
* You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
* You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
* You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
* You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
* You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
* You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
* You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Halifax Team?
* BeyondTrust is built upon a strong collaborative culture that believes teamwork and creativity are the best approach to build truly industry-changing products.
* Our Halifax Office was voted 2015’s #1 Best Place to Work in Nova Scotia!
* Enjoy a state of the art facility in a premium downtown location
* Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise security products
* A range of employee benefits, including RRSP matching and a company-paid extended health care plan
* Free soda, snacks, and freshly ground coffee
* Lunchtime Xbox One duels, board-games, and role-playing games
* Casual dress and atmosphere
* Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.