At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments.
BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network
Summary / Objective:
As a successful Director, Solutions Engineering you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy working for an exciting and innovative business which has ambitious growth plans. Striving for excellence will be second nature to you and you will be excited at the prospect of change. You will lead from the front and position your team for success.
Already successfully established within Pre-Sales, you will have experience of working within the security software sector and will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of managing a successful presales team.
What you will do:
- Day to day management of the pre-sales team, running daily and weekly deal reviews and territory forecasts to establish next actions and any potential technical barriers to a sale
- Navigate complex deals and help the pre-sales team overcome technical barriers
- Ensure proper resource management, alignment with BeyondTrust sales teams, and work to resolve issues in a proactive and efficient manner
- Keep procedures, processes and frameworks up to date and identify improvement areas which will help drive the department forward
- Mentor and develop the pre-sales team by setting objectives, establishing accountability, ensuring deals are being progressed, tasks are completed, and projects are being delivered
- Set the team objective in-line with the business strategy and monitor progress to ensure success
- Quality check and sign off key presentations and demonstrations to be used to ensure consistency across the regions.
- Maintain and create new procedures when required.
- Plan and jointly run annual Technology Summits with other regional SE and Sales leaders
- Work with Alliances team to drive synergy between BeyondTrust solutions engineers and BeyondTrust channel partners
- Ownership of escalation and triage of Pre-Sales incidents
- Interface between Sales and Customers, troubleshooting complex issues.
- Communicate and coordinate with other department leaders as needed; Professional Services, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success, Support
- Communicating technical complex issues to customers in easy terms.
- Work with the VP, Global Solutions Engineering to align with and execute BeyondTrust strategic initiatives
- Regularly report on activity, issues and progress to the VP, Global Solutions Engineering
What experience should I have?
- 5 years’ experience within a Pre-Sales Management position.
- Experience in the security market and the security landscape; you need to be passionate about our products and our market.
- Enjoys keeping up with a huge rate of change and thrives in a past faced start up environment.
- Experience with Active Directory, SQL, Unix, Mac and Windows OS.
- Degree educated or has like to like skill and sector experience
- Established reputation as a high integrity top performer
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Tenacity, independence and ambitious attributes are required to make this role your own.
- The ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed, is required.
Who am I?
- Motivation: A self-starter who has the drive and aspiration to make the most of any opportunity.
- Persuasive Communication: The ability to express oneself well, to influence others and to negotiate effectively
- Results Orientation: Task oriented, independently minded, competitive and assertive, self-confident, positive and optimistic. Possess a can-do attitude.
- Strategic Awareness: Ability to appreciate an organization’s strategic advantages and dis-advantages. Understands wider implications of their decisions.
- People Management: Possess the ability to effectively manage and motivate others. Possess integrity and being fair-minded and consistent in dealing with others. Task focused and people oriented to be aware of issues and sensitivities. The ability to deal with issues of performance and discipline, but still enlist the support required to get the job done.
- Customer Focus: Capacity to deal with customers in an engaging, professional and courteous way.
- Resilience: Ability to cope under stress and remain calm under pressure. Confident without seeming arrogant, with the ability to not take things personally and will discuss contrary views objectively.
- Risk Taking: Spontaneous, excitement seeking and wiling to change convention. Focus more on opportunity than on the potential down-side of events or decisions.
- Attention to Detail: Take great care with tasks and have a respect for craftsmanship, for doing things properly and for complying with policies and procedures. Single minded focus on the task at hand and are quick to spot errors. Possess a deep desire for order and perfection, and a deep concern to avoid error.
- Independence: Forthright in expressing your views, and unafraid to make tough decisions in a respectful way that takes into consideration the sensitivities of others.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.