At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator who will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining BeyondTrust’s infrastructure of servers.
In This Role, You Will:
- Maintain the availability and reliability of Windows and Linux based servers that host critical business applications. This includes the analysis and resolution of Windows Server OS, SQL Server, Web Services (e.g. IIS) and business application failures, performance, or integrity problems of a highly complex nature
- Design and develop automated workflows by applying logical scripting (e.g. PowerShell)
- Perform installations and upgrades to operating systems and third-party software packages
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources
- Act as a point of escalation for the service desk team on infrastructure related incidents
- Provide 24/7 production support for the company’s server infrastructure
- Manage and provide guidance to other team members
- Performs other related technology duties and projects as assigned
What is Required?
- A bachelor’s Degree, preferably computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016
- 5+ years of implementing and troubleshooting Microsoft Directory Services 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016 (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, NPS, SMTP, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with VMware vSphere, vCenter, etc. VMware Certified is a plus
- Experience with Office 365 applications and Azure applications (AAD, Intune, etc.)
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting tools to create automated workflows.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Mac OSX operating systems
Who are you?
- You are flexible!
- You define “good attitude”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates
- You have a great sense of humor
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security Trends
- You always work for the best interest of the group
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are proactive
- You graciously give and receive feedback
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.