At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
What Will You Do?
The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling employees.
In This Role, You Will:
- Involved in managing multiple Microsoft Windows server
- Manage a VMware environment with assistance from other Infrastructure team members
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Active Directory - managing users, computers, groups, and OU structures
- Provides Tier II level support. Monitor work orders or ticket status ensuring work assignments are completed to end-user satisfaction
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides
What is Required?
- Experience with Office 365
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to perform typical PC, Mac and Service Desk support, including server configuration and upgrades and maintenance of hardware, operating systems, including file and print sharing, desktop policies, profiles, communication protocols, remove and replace components, troubleshoot system operational errors and request tracking.
- Strong working experience with wide variety of hardware and desktop operating systems, including Dell hardware (servers, storage, workstations, laptops), VMware Virtualization software, Windows Server, Microsoft Office products, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of backup systems and methodologies.
- Solid TCP/IP network knowledge and troubleshooting skills, with an understanding of DHCP, WINS, and DNS network services.
- Experience working with SAN storage considered a plus
- HCI experience considered a plus
- Azure and AWS experience considered a plus.
Who are you?
- You are flexible!
- You define “good attitude”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates
- You have a great sense of humor
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security Trends
- You always work for the best interest of the group
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are proactive
- You graciously give and receive feedback
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.