What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, technical individual to join the Professional Services Engineering team. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy working for an exciting and innovative business. The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for the technology space, enjoy problem solving and be committed to customer service. This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are actively pursuing a career within consultancy.
As a member of the Professional Services Engineering team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Gain thorough understanding of customer’s network, information and security systems.
- Review the scope of work with customer to ensure implementation expectations will be met.
- Implement the agreed upon design and architecture that best fits the customer’s business goals.
- Help Project Managers, Engagement Managers, and Implementation Managers manage customer communication and expectations ensuring customer satisfaction throughout implementations.
- Provide all knowledge transfer and support to the customer during the project engagement including installation, configuration, and use case scenario implementations. This will include both remote conferencing and/or onsite travel.
- Provide troubleshooting and de-bugging during the engagement. Assist with post sales technical questions and concerns.
- At close of engagement, provide a formal hand off to Technical Support.
- Escalate necessary bugs to Engineering for resolution.
- Escalate necessary enhancement requests to Product Management for resolution.
- Assist the sales team with technical questions/issues.
- Provide Partner training during shadowed engagements
- Implement in accordance with BeyondTrust methodology. Review and provide feedback on existing documentation.
- Play an active role within the BeyondTrust technical community and support colleagues where required.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our products, by recording feedback from our clients Users.
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Security, or Information Technology fields
- Security or Technical Certification - such as CISSP, MCSA
- Extensive experience as an implementation or delivery consultant within the Information Technology Sector.
- Experience delivering onsite technical consultancy to a range of technically experienced senior managers and project investors
- In depth knowledge of at least one of Windows Server, Unix, Linux, and/or MAC operating systems
- In depth Knowledge of Enterprise wide Networking – Protocols & Ports for both Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS, Ant virus, Vulnerability Assessment
- Knowledge of client and server relationships including Microsoft Windows workstation to/from Windows server and/or UNIX/Linux servers
- Knowledge of Virtualization\Cloud suites - at least one of VMware ESX, Azure, and/or AWS
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, routers, switches, proxy servers
- Strong dedication to customer care
- Strong team interaction skills
- Excellent communication skills – able to clearly communicate with customers both verbally and written.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs
- Ability to participate, contribute, and interact with Pre-Sales Technical Engineers, Product Management, Development, Technical Support and Sales teams.
- Must have good initiative and assertiveness
- Extensive Travel will be required
- Fluent in German and English, spoken and written.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Experience with Password Vaulting, Privilege Management, Vulnerability Assessment
- Experience with McAfee ePO
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance standards including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, ISO
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools like Sysinternals
- Web Application security experience
- Knowledge of World Wide Web environments and tools XML, ASP. Etc.
- Scripting experience
- Fluency in additional languages
Who are you?
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask “how we can, not why we can’t.”
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.