At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
What Will You Do?
The Contracts Negotiator Specialist will be part of the legal team at a dynamic global cybersecurity technology company. The incumbent must have a “deal doer” mindset to help accelerate the closing process for the sales organization while protecting the company’s interests and managing risk through contracts. This role requires experienced negotiating skills in getting contracts done with Fortune 500 customers.
In This Role, You Will:
- Represent BeyondTrust in commercial enterprise licensing and services activities globally
- Participate independently in reviewing, negotiating and drafting high value software licenses and services agreements, including enterprise on-premises licenses, cloud, consulting, NDA, RFP, subcontracts and related agreements in support of BeyondTrust’s sales and channels organizations
- Act in both an advisory and a “hands-on” position requiring day-to-day interaction with BeyondTrust sales representatives, consulting services professionals, product managers, finance professionals, and others
- Identify and address commercial, financial, legal and operational issues on complex matters and seek advice from management and subject matter experts for complicated issues
- Interface with the corporate legal, finance and other supporting cross functional organizations to answer questions and resolve issues related to legal issues in support of transactional business
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of licensing and services issues and related business practices, policies and procedures, and has the ability to apply them to non-standard and complex transactions
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and build strong relationships
- Proactively make recommendations to management in ways to improve contract templates, processes and policies
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a contract negotiator with technology contracts (preferably software or cloud)
- Ability to assess and negotiate contract requirements, special provisions and general terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business procedures
- Work on transactional matters with minimal supervision
- Be proactive in identifying issues in assigned task areas
- Exhibit well developed communication, negotiation and writing skills for the negotiation of software licenses and services agreements of various types
- Ability to draft, negotiate or modify existing templates or contractual instruments such as NDA’s, license agreements, cloud, and other standard software licensing / services selling models
- Working knowledge of selling through distributors and reseller partners
- Able to effectively communicate contract principles and policies to internal business teams
- Ensure contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Able to provide accurate, high-quality yet practical and concise advice at all levels
- Project management skills, including tracking and reporting skills
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment; able to think ‘out of the box’ when unexpected/unplanned events arise
- Excellent customer focus skills, both internal and external
- Able to set appropriate priorities and manage multiple tasks at once
- Qualified candidates will be self-directed, detail-oriented and motivated; approachable and trustful, demonstrate a high level of accountability, leadership, and decisiveness and the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple priorities
- Interest & knowledge of technology and current trends in software / IT industry, including cybersecurity and privacy trends
- Basic IT Literate, with working knowledge of using Microsoft Word
Who are you?
- You are flexible!
- You define “good attitude”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates
- You have a great sense of humor
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security Trends
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are proactive
- You graciously give and receive feedback
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.