BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance. What Will You Do? BeyondTrust is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to work out of our Halifax office. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
• Manage customer communication and expectations
• Provide phone, email and chat Support to assigned accounts
• Provide troubleshooting and debugging of customer problems
• Transition product issues to Engineering and product enhancements to Product Management, tracking status to the customer regularly.
• Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the next tier of Support.
• Be part of the on call rotation for the assigned product team.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related technical field
· Proficiency at the use of a system editor like Vi or Emacs (Vi preferred as this is the available editor by default)
· Proficiency at shell scripting, and familiarity with scripting languages like Perl, Python, TCL, Expect, and others
· Familiarity with C if not some proficiency with it
· Familiarity with Kernel system calls
· Familiarity with network configuration and troubleshooting issues pertaining to firewalls, tcp-wrappers, host resolution, NATs/PATs, tcpdump/wireshark, nmap, and others
· Familiarity with general Unix/Linux administration especially regarding how a process can get started as a service, Name Services, and PAM
· Familiarity with system administration tasks related to application configuration, Unix/Linux security, File System types and ACLs, OS Capabilities, and SELinux
· Familiarity with how processes exchange data (pipes, shared memory, et cetera)
· Familiarity with general SQL language and RDMBS concepts (and specifics with regards to sqlite)
· Working knowledge of strace, ltrace, pstack, and other instrumenting tools to peek into or monitor a process
· Working knowledge related to Kerberos, SSL, LDAP, Active Directory, and Web Servers in regards to configuration, trouble shooting, and interpretation of diagnostic messages
· Working knowledge of Java tools like keytool to manage SSL certs in Java, curl and/or wget to be able to interact with a PBUL REST agent
· Working knowledge of AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, and Mac OS, and general administration of those *nix variants
· Strong dedication to customer care.
· Strong team interaction skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with large teams.
· Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs.
· Ability to participate, contribute and interact with Pre-Sales Technical Engineers, Product Management, Development, Technical Support and Sales teams.
Successful Support Engineers are:
· Flexible! With a great can do attitude.
· Enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
· Great sense of humor.
· Passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
· Can relate to customers and understand their challenges
· Insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement as well as the desire to grow in your role and in the company.
· Up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… work to stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
· Evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
· Work for the best interest of the organization at all times.
· Unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
· Graciously give and receive feedback.
· Motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter.