At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
What Will You Do?
As a Software Engineer on our Escalation team, you will collaborate with our Engineering and Technical Support teams. We are looking for a passionate and motivated Software Engineer who enjoys the challenge of solving tough problems in a dynamic environment. This individual thrives at problem solving and is motivated by doing what is right for our products and our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with customers to investigate, troubleshoot and triage complex, code-related technical issues, gather product feedback, and solve problems.
- Apply code changes across various versions of our products
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members to discuss issues and resolutions.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of developer support.
- Create and update knowledge base articles and frequently asked questions.
- Participate in developing new processes.
What is Required?
- 2+ Years’ experience in software development
- C#, ASP.Net knowledge, Visual Studio experience
- Active Directory experience: You know the difference between an AD, a DC and an OU, and an understanding of AD and local authentication
- Proficiency at creating SQL queries
- Operating System Knowledge: You are proficient at installing and configuring Microsoft Windows and other operating systems
- Great troubleshooting skills
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Understanding of TypeScript, Angular, C, C++, Git, PowerShell and other Scripting languages
- Experience using SQL Profiler with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience using or managing Virtualization Environments using VMWare Workstation and ESXi
- Security Knowledge: This is what we do. You may not know everything related to security, but you know what security customers want, and how to make sure they get it. You have a strong desire to learn as much as possible about network security.
- Network knowledge: Basic knowledge of IPs, subnets, DNS, DHCP
- Agile team experience: Working as a team in scrums, sprints & retrospectives
- Understanding of Linux and Unix platforms and how authentication works for these platforms.
Who are you?
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask, “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You always work for the best interest of the team.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Halifax Team?
- BeyondTrust is built upon a strong collaborative culture that believes teamwork and creativity are the best approach to build truly industry-changing products.
- Our Halifax Office was voted 2015’s #1 Best Place to Work in Nova Scotia!
- Enjoy a state-of-the-art facility in a premium downtown location
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise security products
- A range of employee benefits, including RRSP matching and a company-paid extended health care plan
- Free soda, snacks, and freshly ground coffee
- Lunchtime Xbox One duels, board-games, and role-playing games
- Casual dress and atmosphere
- Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.