At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
What Will You Do?
We are seeking a Sr Software Engineer to implement functionality for our privileged access management suite, focusing on our Active Directory Bridge and Privilege Management solutions.
In this Role, You Will:
- Translate application requirements and use cases into functional applications
- Assist in identifying bottlenecks and bugs as well as devise solutions to mitigate issues
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and integrity
- Understand new operating systems and how BeyondTrust products will interact with them
What is Required?
- 7+ or more years total software engineering experience
- Programming skills in C alternatively C++ or C#
- OS experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience with gdb and valgrind
- Solid English written and verbal communication, presentation and people skills
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Experience working with Active Directory
- OS experience MacOS and Windows
- Knowledge of LDAP and PAM (linux)
- Good understanding of network security and encryption
Who are you?
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask, “how we can”, not “why we can’t”.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Halifax Team?
- BeyondTrust is built upon a strong collaborative culture that believes teamwork and creativity are the best approach to build truly industry-changing products.
- Enjoy a state of the art facility in a premium downtown location.
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise security products.
- A range of employee benefits, including RRSP matching and a company-paid extended health care plan.
- Free soda, snacks, and freshly ground coffee.
- Lunchtime Xbox One duels, board-games, and role-playing games.
- Casual dress and atmosphere.
- Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.