This year BeyondTrust has joined forces with best-in-class Privileged Access Management (PAM) technology from Bomgar, Lieberman Software and Avecto to create a solution portfolio with the critical elements required of a comprehensive, enterprise PAM product – the ability to secure privileged credentials, sessions and endpoints against cyber threats. With BeyondTrust’s combined PAM solutions, organizations are protected against the most common pathways exploited during cyberattacks – unsecured privileged access for insiders and external vendors, and compromised credentials.
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution and we have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Singapore or Melbourne.
What is the role?
As an integral part of a 24x7 global team, you will provide Technical Support services to all of BeyondTrust’s customers. Excellent customer service and being the primary point of contact for product support for all customers, is essential, as you effectively manage enquiries received via telephone, e-mail, or through our self-service support portal.
if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for learning technology and enjoy working for an exciting and innovative business which has ambitious growth plans, we want to hear from you!
What will I do?
- Manage customer communication and expectation
- Provide phone, email and chat support to assigned accounts
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of customer problems
- Act as the customer liaison to Engineering, Sales, and Field Engineer teams
- Transition product issues to Engineering and product enhancements to Product Management, tracking status to the customer regularly
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the Technical Support Manager
- Be part of the on-call rotation for the assigned product team
- Assign priority to all processed calls in accordance with agreed impact and urgency definitions
- Ensure all major issues and incidents are handled and managed appropriately and effectively with clear and concise communication
- Demonstrate awareness of all information security principles, policies and procedures and ensuring these are followed on a daily basis therefore being able to report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner
- Constantly seeking to improve, innovate and increase the technical offering to our customers and ourselves
What experience should I have?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related technical field or 2 years in enterprise software customer support and/or IT related support
- Proficient knowledge of Windows based server OS such as Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of the following:
- SQL Connectivity and Permissions
- Basic SQL Scripting
- Active Directory and GPO
- Network Topology/Layers
- Networking Tools and Utilities
- AV/Firewall Rules and Policies
- Secure “machine to machine” communications
- Windows Account Administration
- Security software
- Azure & AWS
- Strong dedication to customer care
- Strong team interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with large teams
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical needs
- Ability to participate, contribute and interact with Pre-Sales Technical Engineers, Product Management, Development, Technical Support and Sales teams
- You are flexible! You define “good attitude.”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- You have a great sense of humour
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You are proactive
- You graciously give and receive feedback
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter
Why join us?
From Phoenix to Singapore (and everywhere in between) we are a group of fun-loving, hardworking, snack eating, brainstorming, prank instigating, think outside the box-ing humans. While we might not take ourselves too seriously, we are seriously passionate about what we do. Here’s why you’ll be passionate about BeyondTrust, too.
- Bonus Plan
- PTO Plan
- Maternal & Paternal Leave
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Environment
- Weekly Company Lunch
- Holiday Party and social events
- Paid Life Insurance