At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network.
As QA Engineer on our iC3 product team, you'll collaborate with the best Developers, Scrum Masters, Delivery Leads, DevOps Engineers and Product Owners to drive improvements to our technology. We are looking for a passionate and logical QA tester, who thrives at solving tough problems in a dynamic environment.
What will I be doing?
- Creating and executing test charters, test scripts, reporting defects and identifying opportunities for product innovation.
- Collaborate with an Agile team ensuring timely delivery of software each sprint
- Exploratory testing of new features in development
- Testing and review of completed features from development
- Creation and maintenance of suitable On Premise and Azure based test environments
- Work with the Support Team to log, track and respond to bugs from clients
- Work with software engineers to prioritise bugs and define development targets
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders to set up test-cases for bugs and new features
- Review and define user requirements
What skills should I have?
- 2 years + commercial software testing experience
- Technical testing skills and ability to test below the GUI of applications
- Experience of working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Testing of Web Services and API
Skills that are a bonus:
- Creating SQL queries to interrogate/update a database
- Understanding and experience of XML and using XML tools
- Experience of working with Development teams to test using test harnesses
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI;
- The ability to step through developer demo’s on Developer PCs, as well as feeling confident to step through Unit tests with developers
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Automation experience
- Exposure to PowerShell
- Passion for continual improvement of test process within the team and wider business
- Knowledge of CI/CD Tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Experience of Security and Performance Testing
Benefits of joining us:
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Employer matched pension
- Life Cover
- Free onsite Parking
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Onsite gym and games room
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Convenience of on-site car washing & sports massage
It's exciting times at Avecto, we have recently been acquired by US Software company Bomgar. Bomgar have also recently acquired BeyondTrust and the combined resulting company, which will operate under the BeyondTrust name, brings together proven innovators with a shared mission of helping customers secure privileged access and defend themselves from cyber-attacks, while improving productivity.
The acquisition enables us to provide customers and partners with the world’s most comprehensive Privileged Access Management (PAM) portfolio. Our strategic vision for integrating these best-of-breed solutions will allow us to address a comprehensive set of privileged access security use cases.