What's the role?
Our Product Managers are critical to the efficient and effective development of the software security products that our customers love. We're on the hunt for someone to define strategy, planning and drive BeyondTrust solutions through all phases of the product lifecycle. You'll get to innovate one of our most strategic product lines – Endpoint Privilege Management for Unix and Linux Servers. The strategic initiatives you drive in this role will enable the largest organisations around the world to secure their most critical asset in data centers and in the cloud.
Can you talk to people in a language they understand, are you customer focused and driven to get stuff done? If the answer is yes then we want to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
- Build a deep empathy for our users and the market and act as the North Star for product direction
- Undertake market research - including win/loss research, working with industry analysts, client & market surveys, customer advisory boards, and performing on-site visits with customers and prospects - to define product direction
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitive products and portfolio products.
- Act as the information hub between sales, sales engineering, customer success, engineering, marketing and partnerships
- Define, validate and maintain product strategy, roadmaps and investment plans for specific products.
- Research, define, and document market requirements and stories associated with sustaining enhancements and new product development initiatives.
- Create and maintain the scrum team backlog priorities
- Our environment is product focused and you'll work closely with cross-functional teams of developers, designers, and QA as well as Scrum Masters
- Support pre-sales engagements with customer installation questions in a timely, efficient and professional manner, and support sales enablement activities.
- Conduct post-release research to ensure the quality and fitness of released enhancements.
- Manage client advisory boards to obtain input on enhancements and validate roadmap and release direction.
What skills should I have?
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technical product management
- Agile development experience
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new markets, technologies and approaches
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must be self-reliant, but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- Technical knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Mac OS and Windows experience
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritise
- Commercially savvy
Nice to have skills:
- Experience building cloud-based solutions
- Bachelor of Science from a respected university
- Decisive. You get the right information to make a decision, and own your decisions after they're made
- A leader. You can get buy-in on your ideas
- Collaborative. You play well with others and have made each team you've worked on better
- Analytical. You're a pro at knowing what to measure and at what level of detail
- A strong negotiator. You express tradeoffs and generate buy-in on a solution that's best for everyone
- A constant learner. You strive not just to learn, but to apply what you've learned in your personal and professional life
From Boston to Singapore (and everywhere in between) we are a group of fun-loving, hardworking, snack eating, brainstorming, prank instigating, think outside the box-ing humans. While we might not take ourselves too seriously, we are seriously passionate about what we do. Here’s why you’ll be passionate about BeyondTrust, too.
- Flexible and remote working options
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Employer matched pension
- Life Cover
- Free onsite Parking
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Onsite gym and games room
- Free lunch Tuesdays (pizza, Thai, BBQ you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Free onsite Yoga and Mindfulness sessions
- Convenience of on-site car washing & sports massage