This year BeyondTrust has joined forces with best-in-class Privileged Access Management (PAM) technology from Bomgar, Lieberman Software and Avecto to create a solution portfolio with the critical elements required of a comprehensive, enterprise PAM product – the ability to secure privileged credentials, sessions and endpoints against cyber threats. With BeyondTrust’s combined PAM solutions, organizations are protected against the most common pathways exploited during cyberattacks – unsecured privileged access for insiders and external vendors, and compromised credentials.
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market. The importance of the channel has never been greater.
What Will You Do?
The Director of Product Management is responsible for the business stewardship, strategy, planning, roadmaps, offerings and results for a market/solution area of the BeyondTrust business – such as Remote Support or Security/Privileged Access Management. The role will also organize and manage a team of Product Managers and Technical Product Managers to support areas of the market/solution area and drive products through the software development lifecycle to launch.
In this Role, You will:
- Support pre-sales engagements with complex or unique customer installation questions in a timely, efficient and professional manner, and support sales enablement activities.
- Conduct post-release research to ensure the quality and fitness of released enhancements.
- Manage client advisory boards to obtain input on enhancements and validate roadmap and release direction.
- Provide scorecard results on a monthly basis for market/solution area P&L, key investments and/or new product launches.
- Support annual strategic planning situation assessment and strategy development activities for market/solution area.
- Manage a team of product managers and technical product managers to plan and advance products and key customer value areas to attain/maintain market leadership and create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitive products and BeyondTrust products.
- Define, validate and maintain market/solution area product strategy, roadmaps and investment plans. Obtain input and validation for new enhancements from customer-facing internal partners: sales, solution engineers, marketing, customer support, and engineering.
- Via their team and directly - research, define, and document market requirements and stories associated with sustaining enhancements and new product development initiatives.
- Create and maintain a backlog of proposed product enhancements to be utilized to analyze and select what will comprise a product release.
- Develop financial justification analyses, utilize standard scoring criteria and obtain low-fidelity effort scoping to rank order and decide on which enhancements will be represented in a release.
- Work with their product managers, technical product managers, solutions engineers, and software developers to specify and refine software requirements.
- Work with quality assurance and technical product managers to ensure that test plans are valid for specific requirements.
- Assist product marketing and marketing in helping to properly position and launch new versions of BeyondTrust.
- Define and field primary market research - including win/loss research, working with industry analysts, client & market surveys, customer advisory boards, and performing on-site visits with customers and prospects - to aid in defining the product direction.
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, product management, computer science or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in marketing, product management, or computer science
- 7+ years of experience in product management or technical product management
- Experience in managing teams of skilled product professionals
- Ability to develop strategy and conceptualize desired state goals
- Proficiency working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new markets, technologies and approaches
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must be self-reliant, but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS experience.
- Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platform experience.
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Professional demeanor at all times
Who are you?
- You are flexible!
- You define “good attitude.”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security Trends.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter.
- Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.