Earlier this month, we announced the general availability of Bomgar 14.1, which offers new features for desktop and mobile device support. If you haven’t upgraded yet, or taken the time to review the new features, you are missing out! Here’s a few highlights to get you started:

  • RDP integration – allows support technicians to initiate an RDP session through the Bomgar Representative Console from a different network without opening up the firewall. Natively, RDP has limited centralized management, auditing, reporting and collaboration capabilities. Bomgar eliminates these issues by routing RDP sessions through its appliance-based system, layering the security and management benefits of Bomgar over each remote desktop connection
  • HTML5 chat support – easily extend your chat services to users on mobile devices. Now you can offer chat support from a website without requiring customers to install Flash or download Bomgar’s mobile app.
  • Mobile presentation client – attendees can now join presentations using Bomgar’s mobile client for Android and iOS, making it easy to join presentations from an iPad, iPhone or Android device. During a presentation, attendees can zoom and pan, chat with the presenter and other attendees, and toggle or lock the toolbar.

Additional features in Bomgar 14.1 include streamlined session start, license usage reports, enhanced customer prompts and session permission policies, among many others. Many of our early adopter customers who tested Bomgar 14.1 were particularly excited about the RDP integration, noting it as one of the favorite features of the new release. ‘RDP without a doubt!’ and ‘The RDP support is a huge winner,’ were just a few of the many comments from early adopters. Based on their experiences during the Early Adopter program, many customers shared why they’d recommend other customers to upgrade to 14.1. Here’s a few of the comments:

  • “New features like RDP and streamlined Session Start make it even easier to support your customers and clients.”
  • “{I’d upgrade} Simply for the RDP jumpoint. It makes setting up vendor access much simpler in that I do not have to install a jump client to every server I want them to have access too.
  • “The enhanced customer prompts alone are worth the upgrade.  Our domain migration is still in progress, so we've only got jump clients deployed to about 25% of our computers right now.  The other 75% still require the user to click allow.  I was wasting a lot of time previously waiting for the user to notice the button since it blended in with the chat.  Now that it's its own popup, that wait time has gone away.  It's made a world of difference for machines without jump clients.”

Ready to upgrade yet? Contact your Bomgar sales rep today!