Today, Bomgar released the latest version of its Privileged Access solution that allows security professionals to control, monitor and manage access to critical systems by privileged users and third-party vendors. Bomgar Privileged Access 17.1 includes native two factor authentication capabilities, which gives organizations an extra layer of security for controlling access to critical systems and servers. It also extends the benefits of privileged access to applications and database administration tools, allowing system administrators to add a whole new level of access controls to systems that don’t natively support such controls, without impacting user productivity. The new capabilities further strengthen an organization’s security strategy by managing privileged access and enhancing security and productivity:
- Native Two-Factor TOTP Authentication – Utilize native two-factor authentication using a time-based one time password (TOTP) authentication app to log into Privileged Access.
- SecureApp – Manage and control access to securely launch a specific application, without giving full system access. SecureApp works with MS RemoteApp to bring application whitelisting to RDP sessions, and includes a pre-defined Jump Item for accessing MS SQL Servers.
- Jump Groups and Roles – Use Jump Groups to organize Jump Items any way they are needed, granularly granting the right access to the right users.
- VNC Jump Shortcuts – Add better access control and auditing to endpoints that require connections using the VNC protocol.
- File Transfer in Privileged Web – Transfer files between local systems and endpoints using nothing but a browser.
Privileged accounts continue to be a primary target for hackers, and if stolen or compromised, they can be utilized to move laterally within a network to gain access to critical systems or servers with sensitive data. Because of this, organizations need to become more security conscious and state pursing technology solutions to better protect their valuable assets to mitigate the risk of a breach. Bomgar’s Privileged Access solutions enable organizations to quickly control, monitor and manage access to privileged accounts, ensuring that the right people are accessing the right systems, at the right time, and for the right reasons.
If you’re not familiar with how privileged access works, watch this short video for more insight:
Bomgar Privileged Access works seamlessly with Bomgar Vault, an intuitive privileged password manager that allows security professionals to authorize access without exposing credentials to privileged accounts. Bomgar Vault stores and rotates credentials, and allows users or elevate privileges by injecting credentials directly through Bomgar Privileged Access. Organizations that want to enhance multifactor authentication beyond an authentication app can also implement Bomgar Verify, an easy-to-use, tokenless two factor authentication solution that lets users choose and manage their own devices for a second factor of authentication.
For more information about Bomgar Privileged Access or to request an evaluation, please visit: www.bomgar.com/access-management.