How many software solutions do you use that have not changed in years? Probably quite a few. Some have added incremental features, some have become more cloud-friendly, and some look and behave the exact same way since they day they were created.
PowerBroker for Windows is different. Since it was created as a Microsoft Windows least privilege solution, we have added Vulnerability Based Application Management (VBAM), Windows Event Log Monitoring, Session Monitoring, Application Quarantine, and File Integrity Monitoring.
Now, with version 7.7, an entirely new capability is available: native Asset Discovery and Inventory. This technology is built directly into the client and leverages the best features of the Retina Discovery engine directly in PowerBroker for Windows. This allows an individual client to enumerate:
- Hardware – inventory such as memory, hard disk size, network adapters, processors, manufacturer, and video card
- Ports – local open, closed, and filtered ports
- Processes – running process. PID, and referenceable command line if applicable
- Scheduled Tasks – enumerate of task name, task to run, last results statistics, run as, and any comments
- Services – enumeration of the name, description, log on account, startup type, and dependencies
- Shares – all local shares
- Software – installed software registered in programs and features including publisher and version
- Groups / Users – all local users and groups enumerating name, full name, description, privileges, password age, user type, last login, group membership, password expiration, and whether or not the account is disabled
This data can be collected by the PowerBroker for Windows client on-demand, or using a predefined schedule. The information is automatically transmitted into the PowerBroker Privileged Access Management Platform (BeyondInsight) for asset inventory, reporting, smart group creation, least privilege rule creation, and the automatic onboarding of accounts and services when linked with BeyondTrust’s award winning PowerBroker Password Safe.
In addition, this data can be used for a variety of other use cases, including asset inventory management, application licensing reporting, hardware management, and even rogue software identification.
It is not often a solution evolves to include such powerful new capabilities. This year, PowerBroker for Windows now includes native Agent Discovery capabilities.
BeyondTrust has some additional game-changing features coming to our endpoint privilege management solutions that can help streamline your account and privilege problems across your organization.
For more information on PowerBroker for Windows or BeyondInsight, download our new features document.