Lack of Integration Between Security Tools = Unnecessary Risk and Time to ResolutionWhen a data breach happens it’s usually as a result of the misuse or abuse of excessive user privileges (and, by the way, I’ve heard that 86% of users have too much access). What normally happens is that IT investigates the source of the breach looking for anomalous behavior, enhances endpoint protection and removes admin rights so that attacks such as these cannot gain a beachhead on important assets. The challenge is, this oftentimes requires multiple tools that don’t talk to one another. And that leads to complexity and wasted time to find and fix and problem.
BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker for Windows will Fully Integrate with McAfee ePO to Provide a Unified Approach to Least Privilege and Endpoint SecurityPowerBroker for Windows integration with McAfee ePO provides a unified approach to least privilege access, optimizing the effectiveness of an organizations entire security infrastructure by linking security threats to privileged access based on policy. Admins can centrally manage least privilege policies from within the ePO console. We see a few use cases where this integration will play out:
- Providing a lightweight client that integrates with the existing environment to perform the functions of least privilege.
- Providing a single management platform for event, policy and reporting of privileged events.
- Enabling the removal of administrative rights and credentials without impacting the end user’s workflow.
- Protecting against keystroke loggers and password stealing techniques like Pass-the-Hash using a least privileged client to perform application elevation.
- Auditing and reporting all privileged and requested privileged activity.
Jason Silva, Sr. Solutions Engineer, BeyondTrust
Jason Silva brings over 25 years of solutions and management experience to the industry. Currently serving as Senior Solutions Engineer for BeyondTrusts' Universal Privilege Management Platform, he uses this knowledge to help customers realize the value of our solutions throughout the product lifecycle. Earlier in his career, he found success as a software developer in a global consulting company and spent over four years managing IT and Regulatory Compliance in the banking industry.
Specialties: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, Pre and Post Sales Training, Sales Engineering, Enterprise Security Tools, Privileged Access Management